Someone leaned coolly against the locker next to mine. I looked up and found a guy with curly blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes. He had a nice build. You could tell because the dark gray shirt he wore showed off his nice body. I would’ve been swooning over him, but he had a cocky smirk on his face. Big turn off: cocky dudes. “Hey, sweet heart. What do you say we get out of this place and do something more entertaining?” He asked and added a wink.

“Sorry, my parents told me to stay away from strangers,” I simply said and almost smiled when he looked shocked for a moment. Obviously, he wasn’t used to rejection. I mentally smiled at myself.

“But how are you going to make new friends if you don’t talk to people you don’t know?” He smirked again. I seriously wanted to slap this guy already. Did my forehead read, “I’m easy”? I don’t think so. “I’m Jarred. Jarred Hunter. And you look familiar.” He said. Oh man, here comes the pick-up lines. Whoopee.

“Yeah, I look like the girl you’ve been waiting for or perhaps your next girl friend? I heard that many times before.” He looked shocked again, before smirking at me once more.

“Baby, you could fall off a building, or fall out of a tree, but –“

“But, the best way to fall is to fall in love with me,” I interrupted him and looked up to see him shocked. I laughed and scrunched up my nose. “Just give it up Romeo. You’re lame and boring.”

“Romeo’s a wuss and I am not boring,” he faked hurt.

“Well, he’s manlier than you’ll ever be.”

He scoffed. “Chick, you’re good,” He admitted and held out his hand so I could pound his rock. “You know what? You’re my new best friend. It’s about time I found a bad ass chick. All the girl’s here are too easy.” He put his arm around my shoulder in a friendly way and we started walking down the hall. “I’m going to show you off to my friends! But, seriously, what’s your name?”

“Gosh Jarred. You’re so bipolar. I mean, first you’re hitting on me and the next, you’re suddenly excited that I rejected you,” I laughed. “I’m Daniella. Daniella Saunders,” I said it huskily resembling the way he introduced himself earlier and he chuckled.

“Do you have a band aid?” He whispered in my ear.

“Why?” I asked, pausing dramatically. “Let me guess, you scraped your knee falling for me,” We both laughed out loud and I shoved him playfully.

“Holy crap, you’re good.” Finally, we reached his group of friends. I stood there stunned. How many people in this school are good looking?! This school is filled with people who look like gods or goddesses. “Guys, this is Daniella Saunders. Just call her Danny. You know, Darren Saunders’s sister.” They nodded, knowingly. I was surprised they knew my brother. “She’s totally bad ass. She rejected me.” Everyone laughed when he pretended to cry.

“I’m Charles,” they guy with the brown fro-hawk and gray eyes said. He had his hands wrapped around a pretty girl’s waist. Obviously, that was his girl friend. “Bad ass like your brother huh?” He asked. I nodded and smiled, feeling proud of my brother.

The girl that Charles was holding had green eyes and blonde wavy hair that went past her shoulders. She spoke up. “I’m Abigail Hunter. That stupid prick’s twin sister,” she nodded at Jarred. A look of disgust came upon her face when she looked at her twin. Jarred stuck his tongue out at her.

“I’m Dustin,” a guy with dirty blonde hair said, shaking my hand. He seemed uncomfortable. He probably wasn’t the social type.

“And, I’m Alex,” The last guy said. He had black hair that was spiked up. By the look of his perfect sculpted face, I could tell a lot of girl’s hit on him. He smiled at me and shook my hand.

The bell rang and I said my goodbyes, not wanting to be late for my first class. That would make me look bad for the rest of the year. We had five minutes to get to class before the late bell sounded. I hurriedly climbed up the stairs where the ‘A’ section of the building was.

I walked through the hallway looking for class A232. I was getting impatient. Oh God, I’m going to be late for my first class on my first day, I thought. My teacher is going to think I’m one of those people who think they’re ‘bad ass’. I rolled my eyes. Teachers were so judgmental. Oh well, it’s not my fault the classroom numbers were faded and so hard to read.

I was busy trying to decipher the classroom numbers that I accidently bumped into someone hard. I stumbled back a bit from the impact, but luckily I caught myself before I fell. The place where our skin touched was tingling and I rubbed it involuntarily. “Crap, I’m so s-sorry,” I said scared. Would’ve this person killed me? This school scared the shit out of me already with all the good looking people and how strange the atmosphere seemed to be.

I looked up at a tall guy who looked about my age and had a nice build. He had jet black hair and blue eyes. He was really hot and good looking. Again, I would’ve been swooning over him if he didn’t have that scowl on his face. Our eyes locked and the whole world seemed to stop for a moment. It felt like we were the only two in the hallway. My heart skipped multiple beats and my breath hitched. I saw something in those blue eyes. It was as if I was looking at the scene all by myself. It was a huge gray wolf and he looked like a puppy that was given a treat. It was as if he found something he has been searching for his whole life. For some reason it made my heart swell up.

The scene disappeared and I closed my eyes. I felt dizzy and stupid. I was hallucinating again. I opened my eyes again when I regained my strength. The guy’s face softened a bit, but before I could blink an eye, his eyes hardened and he scowled. “Watch where you’re going, bitch. Are you blind or something?” He said harshly and he continued walking in the other direction, but before he left, he bumped my shoulder hard that I fell on the ground. I grabbed my shoulder in pain. It was bad enough that it was hurting already. Everyone started laughing at me and I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. I watched the mysterious guy’s back retreating and for some reason, I felt like my heart broke in two.

What the hell? I thought. What’s going on? And what the hell is shoved up that guy’s as-butt? I smiled a little. He had a great butt for sure. I shook my head to clear those nasty thoughts. He certainly wasn’t having a good morning but he shouldn’t have taken his anger out on me. I did nothing to him. Why did I feel like my heart broke in two? I didn’t know him. I certainly didn’t love him. I don’t believe in falling in love. It was too overrated. Anger began to surge inside of me and I heard a deep growl. It wasn’t until then, that I realized it came from me. What the hell? Did I just growl?

Surely, this school isn’t normal. I could feel it in the atmosphere. I felt like there were many things that I was meant to uncover. But how can I find it if I don’t even know what I’m looking for in the first place? And why the hell did I feel like I didn’t know myself anymore? I felt like I was stronger and my temper was hanging on a thread. My temper never went out of control this fast. I wondered why I suddenly felt like this. Oh right, I wasn’t normal. I’m Daniella Saunders. I was far from normal.

The people were still staring at me and for a moment, I felt embarrassed. “Hold your head up high and smile. Stand up tall and remain strong. You are strong,” I heard my brother’s voice in my head. So, I stood up, picked up my stuff and walked away with my head help up high, feeling strong.

Hope you guys like it ! Ooo lalala, I would love to go to that school. ;D Any Suggestions?

xo, zabelle06