Brendon Urie (Love Is An Answer) x Reader

Brendon and I were together at the park since I wanted to show him a cool little trick that I had been looking at for a while on my skateboard.

Of course, it would sort of take a while, but I just needed to show him since he is enjoying our four-month relationship already.

"(Y/N)!" Brendon shrieked, running toward you. 

You were crying in pain, holding onto your leg as you kept yourself on the floor. Your skateboard rolled down the sidewalk. 

Brendon would usually help you up on little tumbles and then fetch it, but now wasn't the time. 

"Oh my god..."

You continued crying, and it wasn't hard to tell you were injured.

He sat behind you, keeping your head on his lap as you cried. 

He used one hand to wipe your tears and the other to dial 911.

-----------------------------------------------

You woke up in the hospital bed. 

You were dressed in a hospital gown, the sheets covering you. 

You panicked a little before there was a 'shhh'.

"It's okay, everything's okay, it's okay." 

It was Brendon, of course. 

You immediately calmed down as a soft kiss was planted on your lips. You tried to shift around, but you couldn't. 

You were in too much pain. 

He put one hand on your shoulder. 

"Be careful, (Y/N).."

You looked up.

"What happened?" you asked. "Like, what did they say?"

"Oh, well, you broke your leg," he replied, brushing back your hair. "I'm–I'm really sorry, babe. I–I should've kept a closer eye on you. I really am sorry. I might've been able to–"

You reached up and put your hand on his face. 

He teared up a little. 

You thought it was a bit silly he was in tears at this, but you understood vaguely.

"Brendon, it's okay, it's okay," you say smiling. "It happens. I'm okay."

He nodded, sniffling. 

He wasn't crying, like, at all at this point. 

He just was so worried for you. 

He really was. Genuinely.

There was a silence.

"I really am sorry–"

"Brendon..."

"I just.. I just care about you too much. I want to be able to keep you safe and healthy and whatever. I just want to make sure you're okay. I want you to be okay."

You leaned your head into your pillow.

"I will," you say shortly. 

You reached over for the glass of water before he rushed over to get it for you. 

You took it, drinking it and holding it with shaking hands. 

You handed it back to him, smiling contently as he brushed back your hair again. 

He knelt by your bedside, looking into your eyes. 

He leaned forward and kissed you.

"I just.. want you to be okay. To be mine. To hold and to love and.. just. be okay."