Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool)

"Psst! (Y/N)?"

"Hmm."

"(Y/N)? (Y/N), wake up."

He poked and prodded at the lump under the covers.

"(Y/N) please?"

He pulled the covers off of her, revealing her naked legs and matching underwear and a tank top.

Her scowl was illuminated by her laptop that was currently halfway through Pet Semetary.

"What do you want?"

"I had a bad dream."

"Seriously? You're a grown man, Wade."

She slid over nonetheless, allowing him to sit on the bed.

The two focused on the laptop for a few minutes, watching as Gage was killed, (Y/N) laying back down.

"Who falls asleep to horror films?" The red-suited man settled down beside her and turned on his side to face his friend.

"Who crawls through a third-story window to climb in bed with a friend because they had a bad dream?" They both laughed. "I've been watching one horror film a night for a while now, you've missed all six A Nightmare On Elm Street and Child's Play movies."

"You're so weird." He wrapped himself around the girl like she was some soft pillow.

She moved one of his hands from her breast, dropping it from her body.

"So what did you dream about that was so bothersome?"

If (Y/N) was honest with herself, she loved having him holding her like that, his breath warming the back of her neck, bodies perfectly complimenting the other.

She subconsciously stroked the hand on her stomach.

"I was giving a presentation in school and I didn't have pants on. All the kids laughed at me, it's traumatic stuff, (Y/N)."

He smiled, knowing she rolled her eyes.

"It was nothing."

"Okay."

He knew she wouldn't push him but instead would wait patiently until he was ready to talk about whatever was on his mind.

She cut off the movie and put on her soft playlist.

The two mutants laid there and just listened to the music, and for once, they were peaceful.

----------------------------------------------

The sky was barely lit by the sun when (Y/N) opened her (E/C) eyes.

She found herself still in Wade's arms only now he was in hers as well.

Her legs were woven with his, layered one atop another like a cake, his arm draped over her waist and a hand cradling her head. Her fingers flexed, digging into the fabric of his suit.

Was he resting better now? Was his nightmare washed away by a good dream? Had he removed all sharp objects from his person before climbing into bed?

Her mind raced, filled with no one else but him.

He mumbled in his sleep, pulling her closer.

It reminded her of a sleeping cat drawing its paws into its body.

(Y/N) imagined a cat in a red suit and giggled.

"What are you laughing at?" Wade mumbled into her hair.

"You."

He squeezed her as tightly as he could without hurting her in retaliation.

"I'm sorry! Stop!"

She was laughing loudly.

He released his vice grip, still keeping her in his arms.

He looked down at the woman in his arms and took in everything about the moment they found themselves in.

"It was about everyone."

(Y/N) looked curiously up at him as he spoke.

"They were all dead, thrown in a pile with me standing on top. You were there too. It was you I stood on there at the top, one of my katanas sticking out of your chest."

"It was just a dream. I know that probably doesn't mean much but it's true."

She reached up and caressed his cheek.

"I'm not going anywhere."

"Thank you."

It wasn't just for the night before, that 'thank you' covered three years worth of things.

It meant for putting up with his antics, the dangerous missions, and everything in between.

"You're welcome."