C H A P T E R 3 3

Standing on Platform 9 3/4 was bittersweet

Standing on Platform 9 3/4 was bittersweet. It was Scorpius's first day of school. He was so excited to attend Hogwarts, but I knew he was troubled by the fact that the other students knew that his father and I were once Death Eaters.

I knelt beside him and straightened his jacket. He smiled at me. "That was the old you, though."

"What do you mean, Scorpius?" I asked.

His smile grew. "You and father are not bad people. I know that."

"And why do you say that?" I further questioned him.

Scorpius shrugged. "I just know. Grandfather says so, too. He told me you have always been a really nice person."

"Is that so?" I smiled, and Scorpius nodded. "Well, it is almost eleven. Have you got all your things?"

"Yes," He said. "Books and cauldron. Oh, and my wand, too."

I pressed my lips to his head. "Bonne." I glanced upward to see the Potter and Weasley family walking toward us. I see Draco has already waved 'hello' to them. "Good to see you all." I said as I hugged Harry, then Ginny. "Strange being here, isn't it?"

"Yes," Hermione nodded. "They have all grown so fast. Rose, say hello to Iris."

The small red-headed girl nodded and smiled. I returned the gesture. "And Albus," I looked to the dark-haired boy who stood by Harry. "You have grown since I last saw you at Christmas."

"Hello Mrs. Malfoy," He said to me, but quickly corrected himself and smiled. "I mean, Iris."

The Hogwarts Express whistle echoed through the station. I returned to Scorpius's side as he spoke with his father. "You remember to be kind, alright?" Draco said. "You can make friends outside of the Slytherin House."

"Father," Scorpius sighed. "I haven't even been sorted yet."

"Whatever house you are sorted into will earn itself a wonderful new student," I said. "Make sure to keep up your grades."

"Yes mum." He replied.

I embraced the boy tightly and gently ran my fingers through his hair. "I love you so much, Scorpius. Have a good year, okay? We will see you at Christmas."

However, I didn't let go quite yet. In case you had forgotten, I once envied Draco for being able to hug his mother. It caused an ache in my stomach to believe I would never experience a hug like the one between mother and son, but there I was, proven wrong, as I hugged my son oh-so-tightly.

 It caused an ache in my stomach to believe I would never experience a hug like the one between mother and son, but there I was, proven wrong, as I hugged my son oh-so-tightly