C H A P T E R T H R E E

Y E A R F O UR
C O N T.//

"I still can't believe he kissed you!" Cho squealed.

"Shh!" I whispered harshly. "And it was on my cheek, for Merlin's sake!"

"I thought Michael had a thing with Penelope." Marietta looked over at the blonde who accompanied Michael and Anthony at the other end of the Ravenclaw table.

"She's three years above us." I frowned.

"Penelope will date anyone. s'long as they like her and are willing to snog her, believe me. After Percy Weasley dumped her, she has been one desperate witch," Marietta rolled her eyes. "I wouldn't be surprised if she dated a first year. Besides, you can do far better than Michael. What about mister self-obsessed, Harry Potter? You two are close, right?"

Cho shifted awkwardly in her seat. I could tell she fancied Harry, and I knew for sure Harry fancied her back, but the two never talked about it. Harry was just too awkward when it came to girls, and Cho, well, Cho's much too shy to confess her feelings. Not to mention Marietta secretly thought Harry was a moron.

"We're just friends!" I exclaimed, pouting. "Truly, why does everyone think we're together? And he is not self-obsessed! He didn't enter himself in the tournament."

"She's just trying to find you a date for the Yule Ball," Cho said. "Don't feel pressured to jump into a relationship."

"The what?" I asked.

"It's a dance that accompanies the Triwizard Tournament." Marietta informed me.

After breakfast, the heads of each house led us to a large open room, in which Professor McGonagall informed us about the Yule Ball. The girls squealed when she mentioned it was a dance while the boys groaned. I wasn't too excited, honestly. I never experienced anything like a ball, before. I remembered Mama and Papa always went out to fancy parties, but they never took me along. I preferred to stay home and read in the comfort of my own bed. I felt far too insecure to dress up and dance, especially in the company of a boy.

Professor McGonagall instructed us to pair up after she demonstrated (using Ron as her partner) the dance we would learn

Professor McGonagall instructed us to pair up after she demonstrated (using Ron as her partner) the dance we would learn. Embarrassing. All the girls immediately stood and awaited to be paired with a boy, while the boys grimaced in their seats. I sat awkwardly as I watched Professor McGonagall pair up students. I watched Cho's face flush a bright shade of red as Cedric asked her to dance. McGonagall paired Marietta with Anthony, and the brunette shot a disgusted look my way as Anthony took her waist. Penelope was then paired with Michael, and I felt a sick feeling in my stomach as she leaned over and whispered something into his ear. He laughed before taking her waist.

"Miss Éclatant," Professor McGonagall approached me. "Let's find you a partner."

She looked around to see most of the students were paired up. Pansy Parkinson was approaching Draco, but McGonagall intercepted her right as the Slytherin opened her mouth to speak to the boy.