C H A P T E R F O U R

Y E A R F O U R
C O N T.//

"You said you weren't worried about finding a date, Iris!" Marietta exclaimed. "Now thas' all you're worried about!"

"Non, I'm also worried about the potions test tomorrow." I replied as I showed her the potions text book I had been lugging around all day.

"The ball is this Friday. You have exactly two days to find a date." Marietta informed me.

"I know," I whined. "Who on earth would even think of asking me?"

"Go with Harry! Cho's going with Cedric, now. So she can't be upset if you go with Harry." Marietta grinned mischievously grabbed my sleeve and pulled me into the courtyard. "Of course, he is not my first choice for you. I would suggest Blaise if he were not a Slytherin--"

"Marietta!" I frowned.

"Fine, fine." The brunette settled for the first option.

She looked around the groups of girls huddled together and desperate boys in search of an isolated girl to ask to the dance. Harry and Ron walked together on the grass, clearly as desperate as the other boys that wandered aimlessly.

"Go." Marietta shoved me forward.

I scowled at Marietta before walking toward Harry and Ron. I turned back to look at Marietta once more, but she walked away and began talking to Roger Davies, who apparently was going to ask Fleur Delacour, the Beaxbaton's Champion, to the ball, but Marietta had other ideas. I sighed, turning around to continue my mission, and in doing so I ran right into Harry.

"Harry," I scratched the back of my neck. "I did not see you there. Have you and Ron found dates, yet?"

"No," He sighed. "Well, not exactly. He's gone off to see if the Patil twins have dates, then we'll ask 'em together. What about you?"

"Oh," My heart sank. "Not yet."

"Sorry to hear that," He replied with a sympathetic smile. "Dean Thomas hasn't found a date, yet. Maybe you could go with him."

"Yeah, maybe."

Harry patted my shoulder before walking of to rejoin Ron

Harry patted my shoulder before walking of to rejoin Ron. And in that moment, I decided the ball was ridiculous and I wanted no part in it! Honestly, if finding a date is such a difficult task, why should I bother? I searched the courtyard for Marietta after my failed attempt at speaking to Harry. The brunette was no where to be found. She most likely ran off with Roger Davies. I left the courtyard with a pit in my stomach. I shouldn't go to the dance, I thought. No date, no point. I couldn't believe how the event caused so much trouble. There were girls without dates who would walk down the halls sobbing, and boys who were nearly pulling there hair out as they drowned in stress. I sighed, making my way back to the Common Room. Peeking around a corner, I saw Pansy Parkinson frowning profoundly as Draco snatched his arm away from her. She folded her arms over her chest before stomping her foot on the ground. Truly, she looked absolutely childish, especially with that haircut of hers. I shouldn't be so rude, I held back a grin. Approaching the duo, I could hear Pansy whining about how she wanted to go with Draco to the dance because Blaise had not asked her. Draco told Pansy he was not about to take her to the ball, because the ball...