C H A P T E R 3 1

The letters I found in the home of the Carrow family were the ones exchanged between Celia and 'MM,' or as I learned a while back, Lucius Malfoy at Malfoy Manor. In the letters, Celia told Lucius of Voldemorts impending return. He declined wanting anything to do with bringing back the dark wizard, but in her next letters she persisted he prepare for Voldemort's second rise to power. Celia continued to owl him, telling him how Heather, or as you know her, my mother, as well as Charles resented their loyalty due to the birth of their daughter, Iris. Lucius said back to her it seemed to be no problem...that is until Celia mentioned they were not planning on raising her with 'true' Pureblood family values. "Miss Iria Bellrose will change their minds, I am sure." She said.

The letters halted when Celia told him I killed my parents in a horrible accident.

However, she owled him again to tell him she would be signing her guardianship over to him in order to...well...in order have me be closer to Voldemort. So that I would be a Death Eater. So I could return the family to the way it was before I was born. She said specifically it was my fault Heather and Charles wanted out of Voldemorts grasp, and that in the future I would eliminate all Pureblood 'standards' from our family tree...which was unacceptable.

I love her dearly, Celia wrote in her final letter. She brought light to my days, but she must continue on our family's true traditions. I trust you will put her on the correct path, as I can no longer care for her as I assist Voldemort in his return. Do not fail, Lucius. I understand this may be difficult for you, to care for the child who resembles your dear friends. She must understand what it means to be like us.
Best regards.
Celia Carrow.

I read the letters several times over, trying to understand how someone I was supposed to trust could do something so cruel. I finally threw them out, as it would be pointless to keep them. I have had them for years, and it is time to move on.

I glanced up at the clock to see it was late in the afternoon--almost evening. So I started dinner. I prepared a salad and a couple of fish filets.

I looked out the window to see Draco standing on the oceanside.

"Amoureux," I called from the porch. Draco did not react. "Supper is ready."

"Be right there, dear." He answered, but his eyes remained fixated on the sapphire waves. I sighed, kicked off my sandals and walked over the grassy hill to reach the sandy beach. I joined Draco in watching the ocean, but could not tell entirely what it is that drew his attention. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

"Oui." I answered.

Finally, he turned to face me and looked at me the same way he was watching the waves. I smiled faintly. Marietta would get a kick out of this. I reached for his hand and we walked toward the house together.