C H A P T E R 1 9

Owls would not be an option in contacting the trio. My only other solution would be to apparate into Hogwarts, but I only aparrated once on my own, and Hogwarts was rather far. I traced my fingers gently over the scar from the failed Apparition with Draco. I didn't want to lose a limb the second go-round. I silently hoped for the trio's success, as there was nothing more I could do for them.

Voldemort had not contacted the Death Eaters. We assumed he was beyond enraged with Harry Potter, but we knew he was planning something. The boy's whereabouts needed to become known, first, and no one heard any news since the hours prior in Gringotts. They escaped on a bloody dragon, I cracked a smile, that sounds fitting. Only the trio would manage to become entangled in such a wild task. I missed them terribly.

I missed Hogwarts, terribly.

I know it seems silly, but some of the anxiety I felt was due to missing my final year at the school. I planned to repeat my courses once the war ended, that is, if it ended well. I didn't want to miss out on a whole year of education, but that wouldn't matter much if Voldemort won the war.

No, he couldn't win.
Harry wouldn't let him.

Knock. Knock.

"Come in." I turned toward my door. It flung open and hit the wall causing an even louder knock. Severus Snape stood in the doorway with a rather unpleasant look on his face.

"What on earth do you think you are doing?" He scowled.

"Shouldn't you be at Hogwarts, Headmaster?" I replied bitterly. The traitor.

"I wouldn't be calling me such harsh names, Miss Éclatant," He sneered. "Yes, I know exactly what you think of me, but keep in mind, you insolent girl, that you and I aren't. So. Different."

"Why are you here?" I asked quietly.

"Lucius has informed me that you have been trying to contact Potter and his pathetic friends," Snape gritted his teeth. "Where are they?"

"I have no idea." I shook my head slightly.

"You're lying," The man hissed as he walked closer to me. His face was only inches from mine. "You tell me this instant where they are."

"I told you, I don't know." I, too, gritted my teeth.

There was a silence before the professor straightened himself. He inhaled sharply as he watched me with his dark, menacing eyes.

"You are to refrain from attempting to contact Potter and your friends," He stated boldly. "At any point if you contact Potter or if he contacts you, you are to report it to the Dark Lord. Is that understood?"

"Certainly," I replied. "Professor."

"You have no right to speak to me in such a rude tone." He raised his voice.

"Why? We both may be traitors, but you and I both know that you are far worse than me!" I shouted. Snape gripped my arms tightly in his. I winced as he held me.

"I have spent my life in attempt to help your insolent little friend, Potter. Dumbledore raised that boy like a pig for slaughter, but I tried to assist the boy's family. It was me who begged the man to protect Lily Evans and James Potter from the Dark Lord," He spat. "Me."