C H A P T E R 2 7

"Well," Narcissa said as she took a seat at the table that evening. "You two are officially done with your schooling. Are you excited?"

Draco and I shrugged simultaneously.

"What is it that you will be pursuing, Iris?" Lucius questioned.

"Have you given it any thought at all?" Narcissa asked, too.

"I'll be going into Auror training," I said quietly. "Professor McGonagall recommended me."

"An Auror?" Lucius raised his brows. "That certainly is an interesting choice."

Narcissa looked concerned. "Will they let you in with--"

"Yes," I interrupted Narcissa, already knowing what she was going to ask. "I mean, there's a chance they will."

"And if they don't?" Lucius continued the questions.

"I figure I'll work for the Ministry somehow. Gerard Willerby's father works for the Ministry and he helped Gerard get a job." I answered.

"Willerby, yes, I know them. Well, I suppose it's good you have a plan," Lucius nodded as he leaned back in his chair. "Draco, you've given your future some thought, yes?"

"Of course, father." Draco replied, though he didn't elaborate, nor did he seem certain.

"Don't feel rushed to move out. That goes for both of you. You've been through so much," Narcissa offered us a comforting smile. "If you two want to take a weekend trip to spend some time together, Lucius and I talked and we think it would be--"

"Mother." Draco said to prevent her from saying any more. I assumed he hadn't told her we were no longer, well...

"What?" She raised a brow at her son as she looked back and forth between the two of us.

"Thank you for dinner." I handed my plate to one of the servants before I stood from the table and ran up the stairs to my room.

I immediately shut my door and plopped onto my bed. I raised a brow upon seeing a white envelope with a red seal on my nightstand. It was from McGonagall. I opened the letter to find the information for Auror training, training begins on Wednesday, June 2nd, which meant the following day. I buried my face in my pillow and screamed for a couple of seconds. I was interrupted by a knock on the door, "Qui-est ce?"

"Was that a 'come in?'" Draco peeked into my room.

"Non," I frowned as I tossed my pillow aside. "But you might as well."

"Could we talk?" He shut the door behind himself after he entered the room.

"Are you sure you want to talk?" I replied a bit too harshly. "Is it because you genuinely want to speak to me, or because your Slytherin friends aren't around to keep you company?"