"It sucks I know"

"Okay. I think we're classmates then. I'm just itching to go back home you know"

"Because of your girlfriend right?"

"Exactly. And speaking of which, excuse me but I have to make some calls"

Kat rolled her eyes at me shaking her head afterwards.

"Wow Gab I didn't know your clingy"

"I'm not" I snapped and shot her a look.

I slid inside the elevator and pushed the button to the pent house. Mr. Cavallari granted us access to this skyscraper which is by the way so cool of him. I stepped outside feeling the chilly air biting my skin. I was a thousand feet above the ground and I love it because no one is here to interrupt me. I snatched my phone out of my pocket and started typing a message.

"I just wanna c_ddle, but I can't 'cause I'm missing u"

I know I know it's way to cheesy but sorry I can't help it.

I sent the message to Lexi and it just took her a second to reply back.

"On a scale of 1 to 10: You're a 9 and I'm the 1 you need"

Haha her message made me smile from ear to ear. My stomach churned and I felt my cheeks fluster.

"I didn't know you're good at this Lexi"

"Well, try me"

I didn't waste any more time and dialed her number. She picked up on the second ring. Well that was fast.

"Hi Gab"

The excitement in her voice is so obvious which made me feel giddy too.

"Hey there beautiful. I would love to try you by the way"

"Hahaha shut up Gabby! You're silly!"

"Why? You just told me to try you"

"Yeah but I didn't meant it that way"

"But I want to "try" you in all ways possible"

"Hmmm"

"Lexi?"

"Well then I guess you have get back here for you to ahem TRY me"

I felt my blood rushing through my veins hearing Lexi say it in a very sexy tone. Is she teasing me, because right now I'm so turned on. God Lexi!

"Hey hey I'm counting on that and I'm serious. I should have recorded your voice as a proof"

Lexi burst into laughter at my remark.

"You're funny Gab haha. But, can we talk later? I'm in the middle of a meeting right now"

"Opps. Sorry I didn't know. You shouldn't have taken my call.."

"Shh nonsense. I took your call because I wanted to, and it's you, any meeting can wait"

"Yay! I like that"

"Catch ya later Gab"

I hung up and sent a quick text to her.

"Hey Lexi, are you a tower?"

"I thought were done with this?"

"Just Answer. Are you a tower?"

"Okay. Why?"

"Because Eiffel for you. Love you"

"GAAABBBB!!"

I went back to the office with a huge grin plastered on my face. And just like that, Lexi made me the happiest human being on earth. I sure hope I made her day as well.

++++++

Kat was inside the office with his dad and Uncle Sullivan. They were in deep conversation about something while Kat just sat there looking bored and pissed. I stepped inside but the two men didn't even notice. Kat stood up and grab my hand as we exited towards the door.

"What took you so long Gab?"

"What?"

"I swear this place is killing me"

"Guess we should prepare for your funeral then because sooner and sooner this place that is "killing" you will be your home haha"

Kat shoved me and I flinched a bit.

"What?"

"Not funny Gab. And look who's talking. FYI, when you fly back to Chicago, you'll be doing the same exact thing that I am doing and probably more."

Kat's features changed into something serious as she walked towards the glass window.

"We are lucky to be the heiress of our father's wealth and in your case, your uncle's. But alongside the wealth, luxury, the fame and everything we have, we'll soon be facing responsibilities. We'll be put in a situation we never imagined, we'll attend gatherings we never wanted to be in the first place, we'll smile and laugh with people we barely know. And we have no choice but to embrace it all"

I stood beside Kat resting my hands on her shoulders as she looked up to me. I clearly understand everything Kat is talking about because I'm starting to feel it too. Kat smiled weakly and spoke.

"And that scares me Gab, because I don't think I'll ever be ready for it. Sure I enjoy the fame and everything my dad gives me. But I'm too afraid that it might also take away my freedom, that it might take me away from my world, from the things I love to do. It will take my privacy, my time, my attention and everything Gab"

I pulled her closer and wrapped her in a hug, patting her back.

"I know Kat, trust me I know"

Kat Cavallari never gets serious with me and this is one of the rarest times she's serious like she's almost crying. I just stood there somehow trying to calm her down without saying anything other than what I said, because everything Kat said is true, and even I myself doesn't know how to deal with it. We pulled away when we heard Uncle Sullivan's voice calling us.

"Girls, let's go"

Kat moved towards her dad and started moving to the elevator. Uncle Ervy decided to take the next ride which got me puzzled because the elevator is big enough for the 4 of us. When it was our turn, Uncle Ervy gestured for me to step inside first then he followed after. We were awkwardly silent and I think it will continue to be because I have nothing to say to him. I'm still pissed at him for asking me to steer clear from Lexi. I just couldn't do that, no. Then he spoke without looking at me.

"Gab, I'm glad about what you did back there"

"Me?"

I looked at him with a blank stare.

"Yes, with that girl, Ms. Craig"

"Oh yeah Molly"

"I don't really know what you told her but I can say that whatever it is, you did a good job, because she got the project"

"Really? Wow that's great!"

"That's so nice of you Gab"

"Nah, I just really want to help her"

Uncle Sully turned to face me and spoke.

"Helpful that's a very wonderful trait of a leader. You're getting there Gab"

I looked at him and swallowed hard. No shit.

++++++++++++