IT'S NOT GOODBYE

When Jino and I returned to our house in Makati, my Mother-in-Law came to visit me. I was hesitant to face her at first cause she might not understand why I left.

When I came out from my room, she came to me and hugged me. Her embrace was so tight and warm. I could feel the love in that embrace. When we separated, she was crying.

"Silk, I am so glad you're back. I missed you. Your Daddy missed you. Thank you my dear for coming back"

She did not ask me. She never questioned me. All she said was how glad she was that I came back. She's so glad that I'm giving us another chance. I wanted to tell her that it was only for a few month but I don't have the heart to hurt them any more.

Jota on the other hand has been spending more time at home especially with Jino. He goes to work after breakfast with Jino. There are times he would wake up early to accompany me to my short morning walks.

Today was different. We walked slower. My baby bump is a lot bigger now. I can not go to the bathroom without calling Beth to wait for me. I can't sit without gasping when I rise up from the chair.

Jota offered his hand which I took. He must not have anticipated it because I felt his hand flinched a little with my hand.

"Are you sure okay ka lang?"

"Oo naman."

"Parang mas mahirap to ngayon kaysa kay Jino ano?"

"Oo at mas mabigat."

He was silent and holding my hand tenderly. Then he transferred my hand to his left hand and his right hand supported my back. Of course I did not expect that. But honestly it felt good. It feels good that I could lean on him while we walk. Just like old times. He was here there when I needed him.

"Jin Kyung, go back to our room. I'll sleep on the couch. I just want to be there when you need me. Please?"

"Jota..."

"Please Jinkyung. I want to take care of you."

The silence between us was deafening. This is when crickets are heard. I could hear his breathing and my steps on the pavement were like bangings on a hollow floor.

" Ok."

"Huh?!"

"I said, okay balik ako sa room."

"Thank you.... honey"

Honey? Di he just call me 'Honey'?

Jota Jimenez, you are playing with my heart strings. Pulling and releasing them. Can you not see how much I love you? Damn, you are making me crazy.

 Can you not see how much I love you? Damn, you are making me crazy