CHRISTMAS

Everything has been doing well. Everything's running smoothly. Jota has been very cooperative lately. He has not been shouting at the household for a while. He has been calling me "Honey" or JinKyung too. He calls Jojin, "JINO" or my son. He has frequent dreams and memory attacks which Papa says normal.

Today, nasa bahay kami ng in-laws ko for the traditional Christmas dinner at the Jimenez's house. DIto kami ngayon mag o over night. KAhit madamingtao, it did not bother Jota that much anymore unlike when I gave birth. HE now laughs with them and listen to their stories. But he still holds my hand like he used to before the accident.

"Jota, go and sing."

Sumenyas ako na tumawag na lang sila ng iba, but JOta took my hand and went in front of his family and the rest of the Jimenez clan. I saw his parents looking at me and at Jota. I saw fear for Jota. I saw uneasiness in their eyes. I just smiled at them and held Jota's hand tighter. He looked at me and told the dj to play "We Could Happen" I froze. I teared.

"Guys, I don;t know any song. Oh you know what happened to me. Lately I could not memorize anything except my son's name and my wife's beautiful face in the morning. This song has been in my head for too long now. I thought I wrote it but I was saddened when I heard it over the radio. SO I did not write it pala after all."

That earned laughters from the crowd.

I'll hold the door
Please come in
And just sit here for a while.
This is my
Way of telling you I need you in my life.

It's so cold
Without your touch.
I've been dreaming way too much
Can we just
Turn this into reality.

Everyone was shocked. His cousin Mario shouted: "Para kay Silk naman talaga yan eh"

I cried while he was singing. I cried the whole time and he hugged me by his side. He would laugh and hug me tighter. He wiped my tears. I saw my mother in law quietly crying in the arms of my father in law. I saw Ate Julia crying and laughing at the same time, Even my brother in law was wiping his eyes.

After the last lines of the song,

"I love you Baby."

I hugged him when he said that. I felt he kissed my temple. Please Lord, please if he is not yet back to the same old Jota, please make him stay for a while.