OFFICE

When I walked in the office behind my brother, all the employees looked at me. Some were surprised but some greeted me.

"Good Afternoon Ma'am, Doctor"

"Ma'am you look great"

"Good afternoon, Thank you."

When we entered the office of Jota, Geena her secretary was shocked to see me but she regained her composure immediately. She almost came to hug me. But because I was with my brother, she came to shake my hand instead.

"Ma'am I'm so happy to see you."

"Geena, nandiyan ba si Jota?"

"Yes Doctor nasa loob."

"Wala bang bisita?"

"Wala sir, kakagaling lang niya sa meeting. Pero kanina pa nagagalit. Wala namang dahilan."

"What's new. Sabihin mo andito ako."

"OkayDoctor."

After  a couple of second, pinapasok na kami ni Geena. Nakaupo si Jota sa upuan niya, nakatingin sa labas ng building. Hindi siya lumingon pagpasok namin. SIguro alam niya na ang kuya ko lang ang bisita niya.

"Bayaw, high blood ka naman. ANo ba problema?"

"As if di mo naman alam bayaw. Aaaaahhh!"

"Eto ba ang problema mo?"

He turned towards my brother. He was shocked to see me.

"Oh sige, iwan ko muna kayo. Naideliver ko na sa yo. Sabi ko sayo gagawin ko yun eh. Usap kayo. Pag di niyo na kayang pag usapan, kumuha na lang kayong gunting, magsaksakan na lang kayo. Hahahahaha"

He left. Jota was just looking at me. I was looking at him too. I spoke first.

"May I sit and have a glass of water please?"

He  shook his head as if to wake himself from dreaming. When he saw me there sitting, he went to pour me a glass of water. We were silent for a good ten minutes, no one wanted to speak first. Then he said

"Why are you here?"

"I don't know."

"Are you here to break up with me?"

He stood up. He placed his hands over his ears af if wanting to squeeze his brain out.

"I...I..."

"Why did you leave? Why JinKyung?"

" I heard about Karen.I saw you two were talking at the Manager's lounge. She was telling you about her son, your son."

He was just looking at me. There was no sign of emotion, nothing at all.

Then I went on with everything that I have been thinking of, everything that I wanted to tell him for the past four months.

"After your meeting with her, you were ignoring me completely. You avoided me. You no longer smiled the same way you used to smile at me. You did not have the same look in your eyes, I did not know what's happening to us. I was losing you forever so fast."

I started to cry.

"I wanted to put the pieces of your broken heart together cause that is what I thought happened to you. I knew you were broken hearted over Karen and you just did not want me to know about it. Then I said maybe I should just let go. I will just let you go to her because in the first place, it was her that you love and not me. I could not hurt you more, so I left...."

I was crying uncontrollably now. I felt him touch my shoulder. I cried harder.

"Jinkyung..." he whispered.

I was bawling now. Then I felt him. I felt him hug me. He was kneeling in front of me. I was  hugging too. Then the twins kicked.

"Ouch"

He let me go.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hurt you?"

"Nope. He just kicked."

"He?"

"Yeah, he. The baby."

"Why He?"

"Sabi nh Doctor"

"Boy again?"

"Yes."

He let me sit properly on the chair. He poured me a glass of water again. He pulled the chair from the other side of the table. He put it beside me at umupo siya dun. Hindi niya ako hinawakan. He bowed hid head and buried them in his hands. He rubbed his face with both his hands. He stayed there for a while. I was wiping my tears that won't stop with the handkerchief he gave me. Then he reached over and gave me a box of tissue.

He was silent. Not saying anything. Then...

"Karen's son is not my son. " Itwas a whisper but it was so loud and clear.