MANILA

Four missed calls from Jota. I was asleep that was why I was not able to answer his calls.

Hon, will be in Manila shortly. Don't send Julio the company driver will pick us up. We need to go to the office for a short meeting. By the way, we signed the investors. I love you

Nasan na kaya siya ngayon? Dumating na ba siya?

Hon text me when you have arrived. I love you too. Sorry I was taking a nap when you called.

"Manang, dito mag di dinner si Jota. Chicken at gulay. At pwede magpaluto ng tuna sald?"

"Ma'am naubos po yung tuna natin. Pink salmon po ang meron tayo at cream dory."

"Sige yung cream dory na lang manang."

9 pm

Wala pa ding Jota ang tumatawag at dumadating.mkumain namlang ako at nagrerenolusyon na sa tyan ko kanina. Nahiga ako sa bed at tuluyan ng nakatulog.

"Silk! Silk!"

"Huh?"

Ate? Ano ginagawa niya dito? Bakit?

"Silk, you need to brace yourself we need to go to the hospital. "

"Hospital? Why?"

Bigla akong kinabahan. Hospital?

"Si Jota. May nangyari sa kanya."

"Huh! Ano nangyari sa kanya?"

"Silk, you need to calm down, makakasama yan sa baby mo. Papa and Hyun are there. Don't worry. If you won't calm down, di tayo pupunta dun."

Paano ako kakalma eh nandun sa hospital ang asawa ko? Hindi ko pa alam kung ano ang nangyari sa kanya or malala ba siya or hindi. Pano ako kakalma?

"Ok ate, I'm ready. I need to see Jota."

Mang Dado, ate's driver is the one driving for us. I told Mang Julio to folow me to the hospital.

Pagdating namin sa hospital, direcho kami where our family is. I saw Mommy crying im a corner while Daddy is comforting her. Jota's brothers and sister. Some of his cousins and business partners and Mama is there too.

When they saw me, nagulat sila lahat. They all have this guilty look and could not look my way. Mama was the first to stand and hug me. She let me sit on a chair beside her. I heard my mother-in-law's cry. She came beside me and they both held my hand. Every now and then, ate will come and check me up. Then they decided to get me a room. The room Jota will use until he will be discharged. I wanted to stay with them but they all said I need to take a rest.

Just after mifnight pumasok si Papa sa room. Niyakap ko siya. He and kuya were the ones who operated on Jota. There was massive bleeding in his brain so they needed to operate on him fast.

"Is he okay?"

"He's stable now."

"What will happen to him? Will he be okay?"

"Let's hope that the bleeding did not do any damage to his brain. As of now, we can only hope and pray."

"Will he... will he....die?"

"We're doing everything for Jota anak. He has the best doctors in the world"

I smiled at my father's attempt to make me laugh.

"Right now he's at the ICU for close monitoring. He might stay there for a couple or so of days but he is in excellent health so I expect him to get through this."

"Can I see him?"

"We'll see what I can do about that."

After a couple of hours of waiting, they allowed me to see him. I cried when I saw him. Tubes everywhere. His head is wrapped with gauzes his right arm is in a cast, they gave me his wedding ring and watch. His right leg has stitches but I was told not broken. Despite of his almost mangled body, his face looks so peaceful.

"Jota? Honey?"

I went to him. I touched his hand, held it. His hand is warm. I thought it would be cold. I was told he will be in induced coma for 24 hours so we do not expect him to wake up any sooner.

I stayed with him for 10 minutes and they told me to go and have a rest.

I leaned to his ear and whispered.

"Honey, it's Jinkyung. Please wake up soon. I love you very much. I'll come back in the morning."

"