Chapter Seventeen

Damian and I have been walking all over Gotham, with him showing me all the different sights and places to avoid. It was nice to be out of that mansion, not that it's a bad or creepy place. It's just that I have been holed up in that place for months. Months. But I do suppose that that is my own fault, for i did not want to speak or interact with any other people. As my thoughts drift to my time I've spent in the Wayne Manner, I don't notice that Damian has stopped. I run straight into his solid back, almost stumbling and falling backwards, but I quickly stead myself as so i don't end up embarrassing myself even more. Damian turns to look down at me slightly, since I'm a few inches shorter that he, and he glares a bit. I look down to the ground suddenly finding my feet very interesting as I feel slight blush creep it's way to my face. Seconds tick by but it feels like years as we stand in silence. That is until Damian sighs and I catch a glimpse of him running a hand through his dark hair. 

"Try to pay attention more. It's rude to run into people." He tells me, turning back around and continuing on walking.

I watch him walk on for a bit before I quickly jogging to catch up to him. It was starting to become evening now. Automatically I step closer to Damian, a bit frightened. He pays no mind to me as I'm half a step behind him. We continue on walking, we were actually going to meet Bruce at Wayne Enterprise. Damian looks so calm and collected, yet he still looks cool and dangerous. The way he walks, the way he holds his head up with his sunglasses over his face and the way the wind ruffles his black hair. I've never noticed it before, granted I've never been looking. We round another street corner and then Damian stops and looks up at the tall skyscraper. Curious, I come to stand next to him and also look up. My breath gets caught in my throat. Wayne Enterprise. It's so big, and fancy looking. Suddenly I'm self conscious in what I put on..I had decided before we went out that I would change and now..my t-shirt, blue and camouflage sweatshirt, skinny jeans and tennis shoes doesn't seem like the appropriate thing to wear inside the building. I notice Damian walk on up ahead and pull the door open before turning and looking at me.

"Are you coming? Father does not like to be kept waiting. Nor do I." His green eyes narrow a bit.

I shake my head at his question. "No..I'm..I'm not dressed appropriately to go in...there." I look up at the building again.

Next thing I know is I'm being lifted up and thrown over a shoulder. I let out a squeal and a slight protest when I realize that it's Damian the one carrying me. Damian grumbles as he carries me on into the building, and realizing that I can't get out of this situation I prop my elbows up on his back and rest my chin on my hands. I smile, extremely embarrassed, and wave at the employees who stare at us as Damian carries me through the lobby and to the elevator.

"Please..put me down.." I whisper.

But Damian just ignores me, or he didn't hear me. I sigh and look around. The dark haired boy soon steps into the elevator, still not letting me down. Even though we are the only one's in there. Bored out of my mind, I start to absentmindedly trace the lines on his sweatshirt. By the time that I'm on my third pass, Damian shivers.

"Stop that." He breathes out, a small growl under his breath.

I smile and trace the lines again. "Why..? Does it bother you?"

Damian sets me down then shoves me against the wall, his hand by my head. I stare wide eyed up at him. He opens his mouth the speak, but the elevator door dings open. He gives me one last look before stepping out and letting me go. I shake my head and quickly follow after him.

-------

Hey guys, I am so so so sorry for such a long wait for this update. I also want to apologize for such short chapters. I love you guys, my fans, with all my heart. I support you guys as much as you support me. And I'm shocked that most of you had the patience to stay with this story this long.

Now to the bad news. To my dismay I am going to have to put this story on hold. I have come to terms with my writers block for this story and a few others. I'm also in school too and really need to focus on that and my grades. My health also isn't getting much better. I hope that you understand and can bear.

On the other hand, I have good news. If you stick around long enough, I am currently in the process of writing a Young Justice fan fiction. It will be called 'The Valkyries.' This story focuses on a trio of vigilantes who come from the supernatural realm. They are like their names, the trio of girls are top notch warriors and choosers of the slain. They pick who need and should be killed. Until one of them turns due to her powers. It's just something in the works right now. But with this upcoming story I would love all of your inputs and ideas. Like if you want to see something happen in the story, let me know and I'll add it or I'll try my best to fit it in. Because I want to right something that you, the readers want to read. Now for the other news, I've been debating with myself over this for a few months now and I think that I'm going to rewrite this story, Broken. A lot will remain the same but I've become a better writer now and I've learnt a lot. I believe that I can do better and right now this story isn't going how I planned it to be. Let me know, and leave a comment.

Thank you for the support, I love you guys.