Chapter Five

Hey! Author here. If I don't say who's point of view it's in then it's always going to be Bella. Okay. Thanks. Read On!

"Hey! No fair!" he yells after me. I laugh.

        I laugh and run ahead of Tim. Man these people are fast. I mean really fast. He is right behind me. I run through the garden gates and past the statues on the land. Oh man I can not be out of breath already. I shake the thought out of my head and continue to run, running straight to the door. I slow my run down to a small jog and step aside, seeing that Tim is running at full speed. SMACK! Oh that has to hurt. Tim ran right into the door. I walk up to him cocking my head to the side as if saying 'are you ok?'. He looks up from the ground at me. I smile a little at him.

"Ha, ha. So funny that I ran into the door." He rolls his eyes and stands up.

I nod my head I smile even bigger at him, letting him know that it was pretty funny.

"Yes, well let's go in. It's getting late." Tim pulls the door open and I step in.

        I start to head to my room upstairs, but Tim stops me. I give him a puzzling look. Tim points to the couch, since we are in the hallway outside of the living room. I look in that direction to see Damian sitting on the couch yelling into a video game headset. I laugh a little under my breath and start upstairs to my room to think. I take in every little detail as I make my way to my room, I have never noticed the paintings on these walls before. They must be of the Wayne family. Wow, they all almost look exactly alike. Weird and a little creepy, but hey they are all related....right? Oh never mind, I have more important stuff to ponder over. Like who those people were in my dream, and if I do know them why can't I remember them? I reach the door to my room, I pull it open and step inside. I quietly close the door behind me as I step inside the large room, I then walk over to my bed and lay down facing the ceiling.  Who were those people in my dream? Why do I not know who they are. UGH! Stupid brain! I remember that place though. I remember climbing mountains, painting, and hanging out with my Aunt Kay. I can remember my parents going on business trips during the summer and they would send me to live with my aunt over the summer. We never spent much time together, me and my parents. But I still love them. No matter what they did. They were good people, for the most part. But the fire took them away, took my little home on the edge of Gotham. My little home with grass and trees and country side where everyone knew everyone. The way I like it.

        I slowly sit up on the huge bed and just sit there. I don't know what to do next. This isn't my house, I am not used to these people's life style. I am not sure if I should tell Bruce or Alfred about what I can and can't do. Maybe I should. I give out a slow sigh, and lay back down on my back. I need to decorate this room into something I like. Especially if I will be staying here a while and from the looks of it, I will be. I'll ask Alfred tomorrow if I can go shopping, wait who will take me? I have never been shopping in Gotham before, my mom always did it for me she knew exactly what I like and what size I needed. It's not that I ever asked or made her do it, but more like when I came home it be laying on my bed waiting to be put up. So I think that I'll make a list as to what I need, then me and who ever will go get those items. Sounds good to me. I feel my eye lids start to drop, and figure it is time to get ready for bed. I climb out of bed and trudge over to the closet. I pull open the dark stained oak doors, I randomly select out some pajama's. I shut the doors and head over to the bathroom to change. Once I change I lay down on the bed and sleep soon takes over.

~Damian's P.O.V.~

                We have been out here all night. Nothing has happened. I could be at home playing video games, but no. I out on patrol with Grayson and nothing has happened yet. WHEN DO I GET TO SMASH SOME VILLAIN HEADS!!!! This is so boring, and Grayson won't let me take my anger out on minor criminals, like those who corner women and small robberies. Pathetic thugs, they run when Nightwing and I drop from rooftops. But I still haven't let out all of my anger. Why is there a stupid girl in the house? I stumble a little as I jump to the next roof, but I don't fall.Talk about an adrenaline rush. WHOO!

"Robin. Are you ok? You stumbled." Nightwing says.

I look up at him to see him standing over me.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I push past him to continue with the patrol.

        Why can't that girl get out of my head. There is no way I'm going to let some stupid girl get in my way. I jump to the next roof and stop. Voices. I hear voices in the ally below us. I wonder who it is this time. I give the signal to Nightwing he nods and jumps closer to the edge of the roof. I run and take a flying leap to the building on the other side of the ally letting my shadow swim on the criminals. I hear the voices hush down below, I smirk. I watch Nightwing get into position to jump down. I do the same. Nightwing gives the signal, we both jump down into a circle of five criminals. All armed. This should be easy. They thugs stand there shocked, not knowing what to do. I smirk at them. I punch the thug closest to me, knocking him out. I can see that Nightwing just might have mentally smacked himself in the head. HA! 15 for me, 10 for him tonight. But I mean who's counting. I back flip as another runs at me, making the one in front of me collide with him. I love doing that. They never see it coming.

        I watch Nightwing attempt to take the 'Boss' down. I have already helped the women who was being cornered by these thugs. I walked her out to the sidewalk and told her to call the police in about five minutes. All she did was nod. I always almost feel sorry for these people, I mean if we weren't around protecting them who knows what would happen to them. But two why are they walking around Gotham by themselves at night. Oh that had to hurt. I watch Nightwing punch this guy in the ribs and he finally fell to the ground.

"Took you long enough." I scoff at him and head to the roof, "Let's see it's what, 18 to 12."

Nightwing rolls his eyes at me, "No. More like 16 to 14. There was not that many."

"Sure What ever makes you feel better." I laugh. "Oh no."

        Nightwing lunges at me. I did not see that coming. I take off running and jumping back to the Batcave. I am so going to get it now. I can feel him behind me, grinning that evil grin. Well I call it evil, 'cause it means I am in for a bruising. I leap to the building closest to the Cave entrance. Almost there...ump. Grrrr. Nightwing you will be sorry you pushed me out of the way. I stand back up and take off into the Cave. I stumble to a stop as I see Nightwing standing besides Alfred grinning.

"No. No. Noooooo!!!" I half yell defeated.

"Aw did the poor little assassin lose?" Nightwing asks with a huge grin on his face.

Gosh how I hate him. "I will beat you next time, Grayson." I say as I walk over pulling down my hood and deweaponizing myself.

"Ha. You said that last time. Anyway I'll go get Bat's." he laughs as he walks out of the room.

I shake my head no as I finish putting the weapons away. I walk over to the seat at the desk and sit down pulling off my boots. Aw. My feet feel better. I wonder if Arabella is asleep...wait what. I don't care for her, get your head together Damian. Focus. Just then Batman walks into the room followed by Nightwing. Time to debrief. I recline in the chair and listen to Nightwing debrief to Father. This is how it normally is I go on patrol with whoever and then listen to them debrief. I listen to Nightwing tell Batman how we took down a small gang trying to hurt that lady. He just nods in response. So much different than Bruce Wayne. Bored with the conversation debrief I scan the Batcave, for I don't know what. Hey where did Alfred go?

"Damian you are free to go. Bed. Now." Father says.