Chapter Sixteen

I know the BatFamily. As of right now I'm back to sitting in my room on the bed. This is...this is so much. Too much to take in. Yes, I took that oath...but...I'm now in danger. I just have to be more careful at school now since that's the only place I go. Sighing I fall over backwards and lay on my back. So much. So very much to take in all at once. Curling up on my side I close my eyes and sleep soon takes over.

Damian's P.O.V.

I pace back and forth in my room. I cannot believe what Father has assigned me. I am not some babysitter. Tt, I am a trained assassin. Robin, partner to the Batman. Why couldn't he have put one of the idiots to babysit the girl? Or is this some kind of punishment? A sudden knock from the wooden door stops me in my pacing and thoughts, grumbling I walk over to the door and forcefully pull it open. I open my mouth to say something to who ever is interrupting my thoughts but stop when I see Alfred standing there. I turn my head, looking away.

"What do you need Pennyworth?"

"Young Master Damian, I suggest that you go and show Miss Arabella around the city. She needs a friend." the old man suggests.

I shake my head. "Tt, I am not going near that girl. We don't know what she's capable of."

The old man sighs. "Go befriend her, or I will inform your father about this."

I snarl, but push past him anyways. I can't believe I'm doing this. I walk down to her bedroom door and pause. I look back down the hall to see no one in sight, it's scary how Pennyworth can just disappear. Faster than we can. Maybe I should just go back down to my room. Or go to the cave and train. Yes, that's sounds like a wonderful idea. Turning on my heel I start to move away from the door when I hear something. Pausing I listen. A small whimper comes from the other side of her door. Internally groaning I turn back and silently open her door. Stepping inside the large room I scan it. There's nothing...I go to exit again until I hear the whimper again and see something shift on the bed. Silently I creep up to the bed, ready for anything. My feet stop in there tracks and heart starts to beat faster at the sight before me. I was not ready for this. There laying on the bed is Arabella, her auburn hair is fanned out creating a halo around her head. She looks beautiful....Wait what? Brain shut up. Reaching out I gently shake her shoulder. She doesn't wake up and tears begin to stream down her face. My eyes widen. What have I done? Gripping both of her small shoulder's in my hands I shake her. Trying to get her to wake.

"Bella. Come on, wake up." There's no response, I shake a little harder. Concerned. Please, please be okay. "Arabella you need to wake up, it's only a-"

I don't get through the rest of the sentence because the girl jolts awake and up. She wraps her small frail arms around me, burying her face into my shirt. I'm frozen. What do I do? Awkwardly I raise my hand and start to gently stroke her hair, attempting to calm her down. I've seen the others do this many times before when we've been out to calm girls down. We stay like this for I'm not sure how long, but it is somewhat awkward. Finally Bella pulls away and wipes at her eyes with the back of her hand. She looks away, almost like she's ashamed or embarrassed. My hand twitches as if it wants to reach out to her, but doesn't.

"I..I'm sorry.." She whispers out. Her voice is so pretty. It sounds like a melody.

I scratch the back of my neck then sit down on the bed next to her. Not sure what to say. This is very awkward and uncomfortable. We sit in silence for another few minutes before I decide to speak up.

"Father wants me to take you out to show you more of Gotham."

Arabella only nods, she gets up and I just now notice that she's still in what she was wearing when she found the cave last night. I stay seated on the bed as she walks over and pulls clothing out of her closet then walks away into bathroom.