Chapter Six

I can't sleep. I have been just laying here in bed for the past two hours staring at an empty white boring ceiling. Yeah, when I first layed down about an hour ago I fell right asleep. But then I woke up, and I have no idea as to why. But know I am scared out of my whits, there are creepy shadows on the walls and the floor boards keep creaking and it is scary. Ok, just breathe Bella. Breathe. I slowly crawl out of bed and slip on some slippers. Maybe I should go downstairs to the kitchen and get a drink. Yeah, that sounds good. I make my way to the door, I pull on it to open it. I enter the hallway and close the door behind me. I turn around and scream. There is someone standing in the hallway.

"Whoa. Arabella it's Damian." the person says

I quickly calm my nerves and stop screaming. Hold it. Why is he up walking around this early in the morning. It's like one in the morning, and he is still in his everyday clothes. This is so weird, I rub my eyes to make sure that I am not just seeing things. Nope, this is real.

"W-what are y-you doing?" I ask.

"Going to bed, duh." he rolls his eyes at me.

"Yeah...uh huh. Sure." I say and walk past him, heading down stairs to the kitchen.

I hear him scoff at me and then his footsteps fade as he heads down the hall. I feel my way around the walls so that I don't trip and fall or something of that nature. I really don't feel like falling down some stairs tonight. That would be painful. I can make out an opening just ahead so I walk to it. I feel my way around the opening and I feel a rail. The stairs. I found them. Carefully and slowly I make my way downstairs. It seems like forever until I reach the bottom of the stairs. When I do I start to the kitchen, but I stop short as I pass the lounge. I hear distant voices coming from inside the room, but the room is empty. Ugh! Bella you are sleep deprived, it is just your imagination. I tell myself this. I shake my head trying to clear those voices out, and I head to the kitchen.

Back in 'my' room. Yes, I still do not consider this place my home. My home is on the outside of Gotham burnt down to the ground. My mind spins on how much I miss the old Victorian style home. I think of it as I crawl in bed. Once I pull the covers up over my tiny body I can feel my eye lids start to drop. I guess the milk helped...

Another day training with the ninjas. I have already beaten most of them in the past month. So I do not understand why my aunt and her master keep pushing me like this. But I cannot wait for this evening. Aunt says that she has a surprise for me, and special training for my voice. I have this unnatural 'talent' to mock sounds and I have this kind of bird cry/scream that I can emit using my voice. My aunt thinks that it will come in handy one day and that I must train it. Hold up, I hear something coming from behind me. I turn around just in time to block an attack from a ninja. Yes I know that they are also something else, but they all are also ninja. I think that was the last ninja. I start to walk away, but then I realize that I had only taken down five. Wasn't there supposed to be six? I question myself. I turn around quickly, but not quick enough. I legs get kicked out from underneath me, and I land on my back. The ninja holds his sword to the middle of my chest. I hear someone else come up behind me and I look up to see master.

"Master should she go unharmed?" the ninja asks.

"Hmm. Disappointing that she did not hear you coming, but she did well indeed. Arabella will go unharmed." Master says.

The ninja sheaths his sword and helps me up off of the ground. We bow to Master and he releases the other ninja, but asks me to stay. We waited until the other ninja had left before we started to walk to the garden.

"Beautiful isn't it?" He asks.

I shake my head to say yes.

" I keep forgetting that you do not talk that much." He smiles down at me. "I have a gift for you. You are one of my most talented students and I hate to see you go." he paused.