Chapter Three

Arabella's P.O.V.

I fall on my bed in a fit of sobs. I knew better than to go down there. People don't accept me, never have never will. Why can't I die too. It would so much easier to not live a sad horrible life. I don't think anyone can change my mind on that. It isn't easy, not having friends, family. I used to be fun and happy all the time. Now I don't know. It's like that girl never existed. I hear the door open slowly and foot steps slowly enter. I turn on my side to face the guest. It's only Alfred. I watch as he closes the door and walks over to me. He sits down on the bed not saying anything. Instead of looking at me he stares at the ceiling. I look away from him, knowing he most likely doesn't accept me anymore. I don't blame him. More tears run down my face at the though of it. Why is life so cruel? I question myself. I hear Alfred sigh, so I turn my attention to him.

"Miss Arabella, I have come to apologize for the boys behavior earlier. They are...well...they are not very used to each other. They do not get along. I would have been in there to help you if I would have known you decided to come down for dinner." he paused to look at me.

"I am truly sorry for their behavior. I know how you are with people."

"T-two of them got t-thrown into m-me. I-it still h-hurts..." I sob. "I d-don't like fights o-or arguments. My p-parents used to fight all t-the t-time. before b-before..." I can't even finish. My body racks with sobs.

"Bruce would like you to come down and meet the rest of the family." Alfred says. "I'll give a little while to get cleaned up, again. I promise no fighting." he smiles. And leaves.

        After about ten minutes trying to calm myself I decide to get up off my bed and head to the bathroom to clean up. I walk over to the closet in my bathroom, pull out a blue rag, wet it and wipe my face down. I scrub my face trying to get the puffiness to go down under my eyes. Once I got it to go down I reapply a little lip gloss and sparkles to my eyelids. I don't like makeup that well, I think it hides the beauty in people. I look down at my outfit, I think it will do. I sigh while I walk out of my bathroom into my room then into the hall. I walk down the hall and bump into something. I start to fall but that something grabs my arms catching me. I look up to see Bruce. I let out a sigh of relief. He looked down at me and smiled. He turned around, motioned me to follow him and led me downstairs into a now clean dinning room. As soon as we both entered the room conversation ended. I hid behind Bruce when I realized they were staring at me. I found that my feet and the floor are very interesting. When I look back up Bruce isn't standing in front of me anymore. Ummmm.....what do  I do? I look to Alfred for help, pleading him with my eyes. He just nods. Does he expect me to actually talk to them. Bruce finally speaks up when he realizes I'm not going to say anything.

"Boy's this is Arabella. She has been living here for about a month. And will continue to be living here until family of hers is found." he says it like it is the simplest thing in the world.

The boy that yelled at me earlier spoke first out of the group of boys, "We don't need another stray, father."

I looked down at the floor, and felt a tear slide down my face. I knew they wouldn't accept me. I'm too shy and quiet. Another tear falls and hits the floor.

"Damian apologize. Now." Bruce glares at his son.

"Sorry." Damian practically growls.

"Unlike the demon child over there, we're sorry about earlier. We didn't know you were here." a new voice come from the table.

I wipe the tears away from my eyes. I look up to the one who fell on top of me looking at me. Is he the one who spoke?

"I am not a demon child!" Damian yells at him.

Uh oh....I don't like the look in his eyes. He starts to stand up.

"Damian sit down." Bruce says as he rubs his forehead.

"But..."

"Damian!" Bruce orders.

Damian sits back down.

"Ummm...." my voice sounds so small.

"Oh yes. Miss Arabella go ahead and take a seat I will get you some food since you have not eaten yet." Alfred walks out the room.

I pull out an empty seat in front of me and take a seat. I feel the guys eyes on me like they are trying to read me or something. I keep head down as they restart their conversation from before I got here. It didn't sound very interesting so I focused my mind to the window in the dining room. Aw outside. It's so pretty. I sigh. Wait...I hear a low quiet voice. I look around the table. I see Damian mumbling under his breath. I tune my hearing into what he is saying.

"Stupid girl. We don't need her here. Bad enough I have to deal with those four every once in a while." he seems oblivious to me watching him. I can't believe he said that about me. He doesn't even know me.

"Y-you don't even know m-me. H-how can y-you say that I'm a s-stupid girl?" I ask a little angry at the boy named Damian.

He looks at me shocked, "How did you even hear me?"

"I-I....um..." I stumble with words. "I-I don't k-know...."

The other conversations stopped and they are all looking at me and Damian.

"How can you not know! You obviously heard me!" He yells standing up knocking over his chair.

I feel tears in my eyes, "please...please don't yell..." my voice is so quiet.

"And why should I not yell!" he mocks.

"please..." I plead with him.

"You can't tell me what to do!"

"Damian enough." someone says.

"Yeah. you made her cry again." someone else says.

        I can't stand it. I get up and run out of the room. This time instead of going to my room I run out the front door. The wind instantly blows at me, but I don't care. I run around free of the dark rooms, the fights, everything. I run around to the back of the house and I see a garden up a head. Oh look at all the birds. I reach the garden and lay down on my back on a stone bench. I watch the birds fly around, free, chasing each other in a game of tag. I wish I could be a bird like them. That's the last thing I remember before falling asleep on the bench.