Chapter Thirteen

"Arabella are you ready?" He asks.

All I can do is nod. I am a little scared because I haven't been around people in months. And I'm not comfortable talking to peoe yet.

I don't even really talk to Bruce or Alfred or any of the boys. It's sad actually, but that's how I've become. A broken person.

****

        Bruce waits for me at the front door. I can't believe I'm starting Gotham Academy today. I'm so nervous. Why? Duh, the obvious reason. I don't talk. I sigh and grab my back pack that is sitting at the bottom of the stairs. I walk trough the hall toward the front door. Bruce greets me with a smile and pull open the door, holding it open so that I can walk out. I exit the mansion and walk down the front steps to the waiting car. Wow. That's a nice looking car. Sitting in the driveway is a black mustang. And wow, is that a nice car. I look from the car to Bruce back to the car then back to him. All in wonder and amazement. Bruce chuckles at my reaction. I walk down the steps and stop just beside the car. I look back to Bruce with questioning eyes. Then I look just beyond him to see Damian standing in the doorway to the mansion, dressed in his own school uniform. My face scrunches up in confusion. I look from him to Bruce back to him, then right back to Bruce. My confusion clearly visible. Bruce doesn't say anything, just motions for Damian to get in the car. I climb into the back seat, letting Damian take the passenger seat. I look out the window and watch as the mansion slowly goes out of my view as Bruce pulls out of the drive way. I can already tell that this is going to be a long day. I watch as everything flies by, I'd rather be out there. In the nature, then stuck here. Going to school. For some reason, that is something that I do remember. That I love nature. And that I want to be free, like the birds. I sigh and watch as a few birds fly past the window. Oh how I wish that I could be a bird sometimes. They get to fly anywhere they want. They have so much freedom, and let's not forget their beautiful voices.

        After a while we arrive at the school. Bruce and Damian get out first then I follow. Students of almost all ages are walking around the school grounds. I take a step back and run into someone. They put their hands on my shoulders. I look back to see that it's Damian. He smiles down at me, since I'm a few inches shorter than he is. I smile back, but it's a small smile. Bruce walks up to us. He looks at Damian, who quickly takes his hands off my shoulders. On the inside I pout a little, but on the outside..well I'm my normal self.

"Damian you better go ahead and get to class, I'm going to take Bella to the office to get her schedule and explain some..stuff." Bruce says.

Damian sighs and walks into the school, but not before waving at me. I wave back, then watches as he disappears into the school. I look up at Bruce. He smiles and walks toward the school. I reluctantly follow him. I don't like this because I'm already getting stares. I walk up right beside Bruce. We walk into the school, and wow this place is fancy. Well for a school. I follow Bruce into the office, when we enter the secretary looks up at the sound of our footsteps. She grins at us...oh let me correct myself. She grins up at Bruce.

"Hello. What can I do for you?" she ask in a seductive tone.

I roll my eyes at her.

"I'm here to finish enrolling Arabella here. And I need to speak with the principal." Bruce says completely ignoring the ladies flirtations.

"She's busy in her office, but you can wait out here with me." she tries again.

I glare at her, and she completely ignores me.

"No, we need to speak with her now." Bruce says.

The lady sighs. "Yes, of course."

She picks up her phone and speaks into it, letting whoever is on the other line, I'm guessing the principal, know that we need to speak with them. A minute later she hangs up the phone and motions for us to go into the other office. Bruce opens the wooden door and we step in. The principal turns away from her computer when we step inside. She smiles at us, but it's not the smile that the other lady gave us. This ones different, a good different.