Chapter 27: Possibilities

Alexia's P.O.V.

All through the day, I was panicking because nothing was in order. After Shannon told me to step out and take a breather, I came back in and my breath got caught in my throat. Everything came out amazing. I would have never thought the place would end up like this.

I hugged and thanked Shannon for all the help she gave me.

“See, I told you not to worry.” She told me.

I rolled my eyes and hugged her again. I went home, took a shower, got dressed and came back to the venu. I got there by 8 o'clock. I saw that people were already rolling in. As I stepped inside the building I saw it was already packed. It's only the beginning of the night and I know there is only more to come.

9 o'clock hits and DJ isn't here. I knew he wouldn't be here at the time I set for him. I roll my eyes as I sit back at the bar sipping on my sprite. I don't know why, but something told me I shouldn't drink tonight. I really don't know anybody here so I was just sitting by myself. Shay said she couldn't come because she wasn't feeling right. Stuffing your face all day would lead you to a belly ache.

Around 9:30, the doors open and a crowd of people rush to them.

“Happy Birthday DJ” everybody yells.

I can't help but smile at the surprise on his face. When I saw him in a nice white suit, I laughed to myself. He was not joking when he said he was doing big. I also couldn't help but laugh when 'Go DJ' came on. It was just such a corny idea, I had to use it. I knew he was probably shaking his head at my lame attempts.

I try to make my way through the crowd which became an epic fail. I ended up losing DJ in all the unfamiliar face. I bet he don't even know half these people.

I finally catch up to him at the bar and we joke around. For some strange reason I can not wipe this silly ass grin off my face. I finally asked him to dance and on cue, Sean Paul played through the speakers. I noticed everybody grinding and basically dry humping each other, but with me and DJ... We were in sync. His hands gripped my waist as our bodies moved together.

A couple more songs played as we got lost in the music. Finally our dance session was interrupted when the dj came on the mic.

I already knew what time it was.

“Please give it up for Rich. Homie. Quaaan!”

DJ is lucky to have a friend like Black because I know Quan is not a low-cost.

2 songs in, Black and Jazmine pop up. We joke around and get hype with the crowd for a bit until DJ yelled over the crowd.

“Yo, I gotta get out his fuckin' suit.”

I shook my head. He is so lucky that I thought this night through. I sat down and thought about the what-ifs, and possibilities of the party. Things like 'What if he spilled something on his clothes?' was at the top of my list.

I told him there was extra clothes in the back and somehow I got dragged along with him.

Now that I am in the back, I can not complain. At least until after our little 'session' and I saw the end result it left of my hair.

I leave the room while he changes and go back into the crowded venue. I'm instantly hit with the heat of the people. The smell of liquor, sweat, and loud fill my nose. Just like any other party I been to times 10.

I have an uneasy feeling in my stomach but I ignore it. It may be something I ate. I decide I'll go to the bar. Maybe some water will help my discomfort settle. As I sit at the bar, Jazmine pops up beside me. Jazmine is cool. I mean I don't really know her like that but when I do see her, we have a good time. I need to remind myself to make a date with her. Maybe I can introduce her to Shay crazy behind one day. I bet the three of us together would be deadly.