Chapter 11: Maturity

This chapter is a little BLAH and it's short but just stick with me. I just have a whole bunch of ideas that I want to do and figure out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in the morning. DJ still hasn't came home. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. After I finished brushing my teeth I walked to the nightstand to check my phone. Nothing from DJ ,but there was a message from my mom saying to meet her at 2 o'clock.

I unplugged my phone and went to the game room. I started playing some Xbox. That Call of Duty was something serious. I was killing these hoes and I'm a female! They ain't een know it.

Now I KNOW a lot is on my mind because I ain't even eat breakfast. I turned off the game and went downstairs. I went in the refrigerator and pulled out the ingredients for an omelet. I began making the eggs and I heard the front door unlock. I looked over my shoulder to see it was DJ.

He didn't even say anything. He just walked upstairs like he didn't even see me. I don't understand what I did. This is way to early to be going through a midlife crisis so I have no idea what's gotten into him.

I finished cooking my eggs and I sat at the bar and ate them. I got up and put my dish in the sink. I was already here so why not wash the dishes. I was just about done washing the dishes and DJ came in the kitchen. He went in the refrigerator and grabbed some orange juice. He still wasn't talking to me.

I became lost in my thoughts and I forgot I was doing the dishes. I reached out to put a glass on the drying rack but it ended up on the floor. The glass broke and pieces scattered everywhere.

"Shit." I said.

I went to the closet and grabbed the broom and dustpan. When I came back I saw DJ picking up the big pieces.

"I got it." I said.

He still didn't say anything. I started sweeping and DJ came up to me and grabbed the broom from my hand.

"Fuck it." I said and walked to the back door.

I went out on the deck and took out my weed supplies. I wrapped it up smoked about half of it. I really don't even smoke like that. I really smoke when I'm stressed or feeling some type of way.

I was done with my blunt and went back inside.

I went back upstairs to the room. DJ was laying down. I went in the bathroom and took a shower. I came out the shower and dried off. I walked into the room and started getting dress.

"What you getting dressed for?"

Is this happening? Did he really just open his mouth?

"Lunch with my mom." I said putting on lotion.

"Whicho mom huh?"

"Yup."

He sat up in the bed.

"You don't gotta lie to me. I know you gonna go see that nigga."

What the fuck was he talking about?

"What nigga?"

"That nigga Ty! I saw you all hugged up with him at the lounge!"

I had to think about it. I realized he was talking about when we was having that little talk.

"Damon, it wasn't even like that!"

"Oh really?"

"Really!"

"Then what was it then?"