Chapter 2: I'm Alexia

I'm in the kitchen making a bowl of Frosted Flakes® and that's when Erika walks in. I sit down at the table looking at the back of the cereal box, yes I know that's a little immature but I be getting caught up in the mazes. Erika makes a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios® and sits down in front of me.

I looked away from my cereal box and just glared at her. She must have felt me looking at her because she said "Can I help you?"

"What the fuck is your problem?"

"What the fuck are you talking about Alexia?"

"I'm talking about you and Ty last night!"

At first she looked shocked. Then she started playing with her fingers

"Look Alexia, it wasn't anything serious. We just got real drunk at a party ,at least I did, and I wasn't thinking. I'm so sorry."

I was looking her in her eyes, trying to read her, to see if she was really sorry and if she meant it. I felt like she was but I didn't want to let her know that.

"I'm going to the mall with Shay, so imma go get ready" I said changing the subject while putting my bowl in the sink. She nodded her head and went back to her cereal.

I ran upstairs to my room to find something to wear. I picked out some high-waist faded jean shorts with a brown belt , a black Marilyn Monroe shirt, and a pair of cheetah Vans. I took a shower and got dressed. Shay called me and told me she was outside. I grabbed my crossover bag and headed out.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"So you really saw him come out her room?"

"Yup."

"Lucky that wasn't me. I would have cut a bitch." I swear Shay is so crazy but I don't know what I would do without her.

We got to the mall and went in almost every store. I still wanted to go to Foot Locker though. First we went to the food court and went to Auntie Annie's to get a pretzel. I got the cinnamon sugar dips, which was much needed.

"Alright. Ready?" I asked Shay as she was using her finger to get the rest of her cheese dip.

"Huh? Oh yea I'm ready" she said with her finger in her mouth. I just shook my head and started walking.

* * * * *

"Oooo Shay! Look at these." I said holding up a pair of Air Maxes.

"Those are cute. You gonna get em?"

"Yeah."

I was trying to look for a worker so I could ask them for my size and that's when I felt a force pushed me and I fell to the ground.

"Oh my bad ma!" I heard a voice say.

I looked up and it was this dude with a red polo, camo pants, a red an black snapback on backwards, and a pair of Concords. I must say he was lookin mighty fresh. He reached a hand down to me so he could help me up. I grabbed it and he pulled me to my feet.

"I apologize. I ain't mean to bump into you like that" he said

"I ain't even trippin" I said waving him off. "Just watch where you goin next time."

"I gotchu. I'm DJ by the way." he said reaching out for a handshake

"I'm Alexia." I said as I grabbed his hand. It was getting awkward so I decided to make an excuse so I can go.

"Yup. Well uuuh.. I gotta go see about these shoes."

"Aight ma. Maybe we can see each other again." This nigga. I just gave him a little smile and started walking to the counter. I finally got my shoes and me and Shay started to head home.