Million Dollar Baby (Chapter 9)

Start from the beginning

Noah put his face down near my stomach. He lightly kissed my baby bump and then laid his cheek against it. “Hello, Angel. It’s uncle Noah,” he chuckled to himself and I just watched him, seeing how excited he was over this.

The doctor had excused herself a few minutes ago. “Angel?” I questioned curiously. He leaned back up, as I got fixed my clothes up and got off the bed.

“Yeah that’s my new nickname for her.” He smiled at me. “You ready?”

“Yeah, just let me go make another appointment and I’ll meet you at the car.”

He nodded and walked outside as I went and talked to the receptionist getting my next appointment. I walked outside a few minutes later had found Noah had pulled the car up near the door. I got in and he pulled away from the curb, before he spoke. “So are you excited about what you’re having?”

I shrugged. “Of course. I’d have been just as happy if it was a boy.”

“Fair enough. Hungry?”

My stomach growled loudly at that moment and I laughed. “Did you really have to ask?”

“I guess not. You have been eating like a hog lately,” He cracked up and my cheeks flushed. I scowled at him.

“You know you’re lucky that my hormones aren’t as out-out-whack as most pregnant women because otherwise that might have hurt my feelings,” I snapped.

“It isn’t going to stop you from eating though is it?” He smirked at me.

“Um, that’s beside the point—Oh, there’s KFC!” I yelled at him suddenly. He slowed down right at the entrance and turned in.

“My point exactly,” He chuckled quietly. I scowled and go out of the car. I was really starving and I just had a taste for a mash bowl. I speed walked over to the door with Noah’s quick footsteps following me.

I walked up to the counter and a young girl came over to help me. “Can I help you?”

“Hi, can I get two mash bowls?” I smiled at her and I saw out of the corner of my eye, Noah’s head twist in my direction.

“And you?” She asked Noah after typing my order into the screen.

“Y-yeah, uh, can I get four hard-shell tacos?” She typed it in the screen before giving us our total. Noah paid for the food and we both went and sat down and waited for them to be made. A few minutes later our order was called and we grabbed our food and sat down to eat.

We had a light conversation as we ate. I was debating in my head now whether not to tell him about Tanner. It’s been four months since I’ve known Noah and he’s been a great friend to me so I think he deserves to know.

“Hey, Noah?” I said tentatively.

“Yeah?” He asked and then bit into one of his tacos.