"Okay. Um, I saw you're gift it and it was beautiful!"

"Really? I'm glad you liked it"

"Are you kidding me? I loved it Gabby!"

Gab remained silent on the other end like she was just listening to me talk.

"Gab, you there?"

"Yes. I. I just missed you so bad Lexi. I wish I had the chance to see you this morning, but I didn't want to disturb you and I thought maybe, you're still upset with me"

"No Gab. I'm sorry I should have talked it out with you"

I sighed heavily as Gab remained silent on the other line.

"But I can make amends when you get back"

"Promise?"

"Promise!"

"Well that just made me want to turn around and go home haha"

Then I heard Mr. Ervy's voice calling Gab from a distance.

"Lexi, I need to go. I'll call you later. Take care of yourself for me okay?"

I smiled at her remark. Gab never ceased to make my heart swell.

"I will!"

"I love you"

"I love you too Gab"

Hearing Gab's voice has it's good effect and bad effect to me, and we'll start with the good one. Hearing her sweet raspy voice made my day brighter and I felt a bit more energized or inspired to work shall I say. But on the contrary, hearing her voice just made me miss her more, and it sucks that I have to wait for 2 days to see her again.

I am scheduled to meet Bastienne today at a coffee shop in downtown Chicago. My team and I had prepared a proposal for him and his father. Bastienne wanted to sell the land and transfer to a smaller house and maybe put up a small business, but his father doesn't want to sell their land. Though Bastienne promised to help us convince his father, he can't promise that his father will do the same. The old man just isn't interested in selling the land but I guess we just have to try our luck.

"Ms. Lexi, they're good to go"

"Okay, tell them I'll be out in 10"

We arrived at the coffee shop and thankfully Bastienne came in first. At least it will save me my time waiting for him. Bastienne is a tall guy with dark blonde hair and blue eyes. He has broad shoulders and toned body which made me think that he was an athlete when he was still in school. The weird thing is, Bastienne and I have the same shade of azure blue eyes. Well what a coincidence.

"Hi Lexi"

"Hi Bastienne"

Bastienne stood up and grab the chair for me to sit, a perfect gentleman!

"So I have here the proposal and we'll go over it today so you can discuss it with your dad"

"Uhm, I've talked to him about it but he wants to read it personally. So maybe we can just put it aside first and talk, I mean get to know each other maybe?"

I'm not really sure where Bastienne is going at this because I am here to discuss about the land, about business, not to get to know each other.

"Um, is it necessary?"

My comment made him uneasy as he shifted from his seat and pretend to fix his shirt.

"Well dad just wanted to know personal things about the buyer. You know he wanted someone to take good care of his land. Dad spent huge amount of time at the farm"