32. What are we waiting for?

Start from the beginning

She glances at me as she gets in the pool.

"It's not nice to lie Lucious you know I look like a fat elephant in this bathing suit" Skye says laughing, I just slowly shake my head.

"Your not fat your pregnant!" Cookie yells.

"I'm fat too no need to lie, right mal" Skye asks. We all turn to mal while he devours a plate of wings.

"Girl you look fine don't play ya self" Jamal says in DJ Khaled voice while walking over and kissing Skye's cheek.

"Y'all some good fakers" she jokes.

"YO YO YO keem the dream is in da house " my youngest son yells rushing through the backdoor.

"Why you yellin boy" cookie says lifting up her sunglasses.

"Because, I missed my family and the twins I only got to see twice" he advises. Tiana sits on my sons lap swing her legs over the chair.

"Keem my feet hurt " she whines her baby bump is still small but I can see the swelling in her feet from across the pool.

"Aw, take them shoes off let me rub em" I shake my head lowly chuckling. I never realized how sprung my son was until they decided to get married. But watching him message her feet I can't seem to understand how I didn't realize.

"Y'all watch the famous family episode Friday?" I ask my family.

"Yea it was dope seeing us on TV for thirty minutes" keem comments.

"I liked it, when's the next episode? I haven't seen anyone around trying to record us" mal questions.

"Well Monday through Wednesday they'll follow us. Have the episode ready Thursday night, I'll approve it then it'll be on Friday" I reveal.

"Cool" Jamal says sipping from his glass.

"Where's Andre " I ask openly watching raven and noble fight over the candy bowl Juanita gave them.

"He said he'd pop through but knowing him he's probably fighting with Rhonda or messing around with winter" Hakeem says making Jamal and cookie shake their heads.

"Somebody needs to talk to that boy" cookie says.

"What boy?" Andre ask walking in unexpectedly. How do my kids get in here so easy?

"You boy" cookie replys.

"About" dre asks picking the pineapple out of his drink.

"About you messing around with Rhonda and winter at the same time. I like them both but it's getting awkward okay. I don't know if you're with either of them because one day you love Rhonda the next you and winter are inseparable" cookie blabs.

"Ma, I'm trying to figure a few thing out you know?" He says not really paying cook any mind. She hops out the pool then walks to him.

"I'm not playing with you boy" she sternly says grabbing his face.

"Okay, okay ma" he gives up. She lets go of his face then kisses his forehead.

"Daddy!" Raven calls, I turn my attention from cookie and dre to see keem holding ray over his head near the pool.

"Keem stop playing put that girl down!" I yell annoyed. He places her down then starts to mug me.

"Whatcha lookin at?" I laugh getting up and walking over to him. He grabs my arm and try's to push me in so we start to wrestle. A few seconds later I feel a push and me and keem go flying into the pool. I swim to the top to see cookie there cracking up.

"Really? You're gonna pay for that!" I growl jumping out the pool. Cookie takes off running into the house but I'm hot on her trail as she enters my walk in closet. She try's to hid behind my clothes but her butt is peaking out. I walk up and smack her ass hard as hell making her jump.

"Ow Lucious " she grunts.

"You deserved a harder one for pushing into that pool Mrs. Lyon" I joke.

"Misssss Lyon, im not married yet" cook says making me roll my eyes.

"But you're engaged and you've always been Mrs Lyon wether you know it or not " I say trapping her against the wall.

"Well not legally and not to the world" she pouts.

"Well you know what lets get married" I say.

"We already are dummy "cook laughs.

"No I mean now today" cookie eyes go wide at my words.

"What,no we can't plan a whole wedding today"She tells.

"Why do we have to plan a big wedding anyways? We were married before, your already my wife. So why go all out? We can have an extravagant party after and you can have whatever you want. But why not now? Our whole family's already here, we don't need anyone else. Maybe call your sister and your best friend and we can have ourselves a wedding. I mean what are we waiting for anyways? We said we'd wait till that Anika mess blew over and that was months ago, so what is stopping us now? I want you to be mines legally "I ramble on making cookie smile.

"What made you feel this way?" She asks.

"I've just been wondering lately and you look real good in that bathing suit" cook starts to laugh

"Shut up stupid" she jokes.

"So what do you say?" I impatiently waiting on her answer.

"Sounds like a plan" cookie simply says.

"Wow okay let do this!" I yell kissing cookie multiple times then grabbing her hand and running back into the backyard.

"GUYS!" Cook yells grabbing everyone's attention. "What would y'all say if I told you me and your father were to be getting married today?" She asks shocking everyone.

"I'd say you're bananas " Jamal jokes.

"Why" I ask.

"Because you know how much it takes to plan a wedding?" He asks.

"Were not going to do anything big. Just our family a Priest and our love. That's all we need" I tell to them. Kissing cookie all over her face.Everyone starts to smile slowly warming up to the idea.

"That sounds cool, I mean if that's what you want go for it" dre says.

"See dre knows what it is! Come one guys" cookie says. Everyone smiles then runs in to hug us.

"Yay! This is gonna be so fun!" Ray yells jumping up and down. I just smile and pull my crazy family closer.

Me and cooks are getting married today.