18.Mistakes&Promises

Start from the beginning

"You what?" I press.

"I don't know if-if" she stutters making my blood run cold.

"If what" I ask through gritted teeth.

"If it's yours" she breathes out.

My heart rate and breathing immediately speed up

"Keem calm down" is the first thing both my parents say.

"Stay out of this" I scream my teeth gritted.

"Hakeem listen-" all I see is red as I grab T by both of her arms picking her up and siting her in the chair behind her.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS TIANA! DON'T FUCK WITH ME!" I shout.

"It was a week ago, keem I was drunk and mad and I just-" I stop her there.

"What so it's okay? Really tiana I thought we were past this" I mumble.

"And we are?! I just I wasn't in the right frame of mind" she rambles trying to collect her words.

"Fuck that 'I wasn't in the right frame of mind' bullshit! You knew damn well what you were doing, you thought I'd fucked laura so you wanted to get revenge. Sometimes I think you forget how well I know You " I spit.

"You know I'm not that type of person hakeem " I laugh.

"So what you tripped and fell into this niggas bed?!" I joke.

"No I-" I cut her off.

"Save it. This is done" the words slip out before I can even process what I'm saying.

Jamal P.O.V

"We're all confused jamal. We believed you were and openly gay artist-" I quickly cut the host off.

"I'm an artist Paul. That's all I've ever said. Yes my sexual preference are males-" the host then cuts me off.

"So you and skye?" He asks.

"Me and skye are two human beings, in love that's all. Our gender shouldn't be a factor I love her and at the end of the day that's all that matters" I profess earning a round of applause from the audience.

The video of the interview I went to earlier stops. It's gone viral since then and people are showing their love. Everyone is excepting of us now, and Twitter has stopped dragging us.

"See skye, I told us it was going to blow over" I say.

"Thank God it did those memes were getting to me" she laughs.

"You can't pay attention to that" I proclaim as I message her now swollen feet.

"Yeah,you right"

"I know I'm right" I murmur leaning up to kiss her. Moments later the elevator connected to my penthouse opens to reveal Dre.

"Aye, sorry man. Just came by to ask if you had that song. Mom needs to hear it" he rushes as he texts someone else.

"Yeah I do. Here its on the drive" I reply leaning off of skye.

"Ight, thanks. I gotta head back, it's hectic at Empire now. The board aka dad wants to hear five new songs by Friday, and Lyon dynasty is finally launching Keems hat line" he breathes rubbing his temples.

"Yeah I know, but big bro you gotta chill out. You've been working extra hard since Rhonda-" he cuts me off.

"Work is all I have right now man. I'm just taking it one day at a time, I'll be okay" he adds turning and walking out before I can say anything more.

"Geez, I feel bad for him" skye says leaning back into the couch.

"I do too. I wish he'd talk to us" I add.

"Maybe he will, but you've never been through a failed marriage so you don't know how he feels. Give him some time" skye states. I reply with a simple 'okay' before I jump on her and shower her with kisses.

Cookie P.O.V

I feel so bad siting here as I watch Tiana's heart break at the words that fall from my sons lips.

"You don't mean that " she whispers holding back tears.

"I do mean that" he counters like he's completely cut all his emotions off.

"So that's it?! Hakeem you promised me forever " she crys.

Damn.

"The woman I promised forever, also promised me she'd never cheat on me let alone be stupid enough to get pregnant. So I guess it's fair I break that promise" he states.

"I thought you couldn't live without me"

"You ruined us the moment you told me you cheated, so honestly I think I'll live" he spits clearly hurt.

"Hakeem dont-" he cuts her off.

"Have you stuff out my place by Friday, leave the ring with Justin. I don't want to see you anymore, if the child it's mine im willing to share custody. But either than that I don't want to talk to you ever again" he rushes breaking eye contact he glances over at us before he storms out. Tiana then braces the sound board looking as though she might faint.

"Tiana honey, it's okay he's jut hurt" I rush to her side.

"But ma he hates me" she crys holding on to me as we slowly fall to the ground.

"He loves you he'll get over it" I rock her back and forth hoping it'll sooth her sobs. "There's nothing in the world that can make him hate you Tiana. I know this because you guys have that type of love that'll never die. No matter how much you guys deny the flame will always be there,sweetheart" I assure her. I catch Lu looking at me out the corner of his eye but I can't make this about us, at least not right now.

"You think?" She questions.

"I know."

A/n: hey beautiful people 😻.

What you think about:

T being pregnant?

Cheating on Keem?!

Takeem being over?

Skye and Mal?

Dre trying to get over Rhonda by working more?

Cooks and Lu relationship??

It's been awhile, lmao but enjoy this half ass update!😅

-des👅