Chapter 46 (end)

So, sorry for this abrupt ending. I didn't think i'd be able to continue going. it was just getting more and more difficult as it went on. It deserves this sort of closure, not one later where i drag on the plot forever. It's pretty long enough, 46 chapters worth. Thank you to everyone who has read this story, and has stuck with me through all of this time and reading every update. Thanks for all the support and the suggestions.

Dan sighs as he walks into the apartment, putting down his brief case and toeing off his shoes. The smell of something spicy was wafting though the apartment, and Dan's stomach growled, reminding him of the long day where he barely ate. He'll probably get scolded again for skipping his meals, but he can't help that. He was the main lawyer at his dad's law firm, and he never had a break during the day, no matter for what. He felt bad leaving his lover alone all day, but they were extremely understanding.

He walks into the apartment more, shimming out of his suit jacket and throwing it on the back of the chair. He loosens his tie and unbuttons the cuffs of his dress shirt as he makes his way into the kitchen. Their lab sees him first, his tail beginning to wag happily as he stood up from where he had been resting on ground. Dan reached down and smiled at the 2 year old dog, scratching behind his ears.

He looks away from the dog, and looks over his beautiful lover, taking in their curves and the apron tied around their waist, which was tied in a perfect, just like every time. Dan comes up behind his smaller lover, wrapping his arms around their waist, and hugging them tightly to his chest. Dan had left before the other had even woken up, so it was nice to see them now.

They don't say anything as they stir the peppers for their dinner, making sure they won't burn. Dan enjoys the silence, the comfortable air, and the delicate smell of his lover. Dan presses kisses to their pale neck, stroking their hips as he does. The other giggles softly, tilting their head up to smile at Dan. Dan looks back down, staring into gorgeous blue eyes.

 "Welcome home." Phil whispers, his French accent slipping through, despite him living here for a few years already. Dan didn't mind though, it was sexy. Dan pressed a kiss to Phil's nose, making the other scrunch up their nose and giggle softly once again. He drops his head after that to go back to cooking. Dan stays where he was, watching his fiance cook.

Phil asks him to set the table, and being the good boyfriend he is, he does what was told. They have a table for 6, two seats on the sides and one at each end. Dan smiles at the memory of them moving into this apartment and then trying to build this table together. Phil can't do shit like this if it saved his life, but Phil still tried his best. They had mostly goofed around, probably too much then necessary.

Dan sets up at one of the end seats, and the one next to it on the right. Dan sits at the end, and Phil always sat right next to him. He gets himself a beer, and he makes a Ribena for Phil. Phil loves this stuff, so his family is constantly sending some to them, making sure they always have enough. Dan doesn't mind as much as he lets on, but he mostly just likes to tease Phil.

Phil brings the food out, and they sit together to eat. Phil slips pieces of beef to Duke when he thinks Dan isn't looking. He sees it every time Phil does it, but he doesn't ever have the heart to stop Phil.

After dinner, they share some ice cream, Phil seated on the counter with Dan between his legs. They talk about their days, and Dan vents a little about some of the cases he has to take care of soon. He co-owns the firm, alongside his dad, but since they live in L.A, Dan is really the boss, and the only cases he really does are the really high paying ones, but they are also usually the most sketchy. Phil was a film co-director, and spent most of his time going through film scenes already filmed by another director and he says what needs to be changed and what needs more to it. He also checks for gaps in the plot and keeps track of special effects.

He was fairly new though, so none of the movies he had actually co-directed were big hit movies, but he's slowly getting more recognition, and he should be getting there eventually. Phil was actually a really incredible film maker, Dan had watched his college projects before Phil graduated, and each one of them were incredible. After they were done eating, or the ice cream had melted from the conversation taking too long, they would go to bed together.

Dan picks Phil up, wrapping his thin legs around Dan's waist and the younger carrying him to bed. Sometimes Phil walked on his own, but ever since their last high school party, where Phil was almost raped, Dan has been always going that extra mile. Carrying Phil, bathing him, dressing (and undressing) him and sometimes even feeding him. Maybe it was Dan just being a bit too obsessed with Phil, but neither of them cared.

After making it to their bedroom, Dan shuts Duke out and they usually enjoy each others company, it didn't matter what they did. Watching movies or cuddling, or doing some other things not innocent enough for their dog to watch. Like tonight, as Phil ground his hips down onto Dan, and whimpered obscenely into Dan's ear.

Later, when they were done and settled, Phil was cuddled into his chest, their feet intertwined and some weird late-night cartoon playing on the TV. Duke was resting on the end of the bed, his eyes half closed as he fell asleep slowly. Phil played with his fingers, while Dan watched him fondly. If you told Dan before he met Phil, that he'd be living a domestic life with a beautiful french guy and had a dog with the guy, he would've laughed at you. He probably would laugh so hard, he would loose his breath, and then he probably wouldn't have thought about it much.

Now engaged to this man cuddled into his chest, sort of sweaty and sticky, eyes half-lidded as he slowly fell asleep and his naked body pressed against Dan's own, he didn't want anything else. Even if they were poor, and they had a much different story, he would still choose Phil. He would always choose Phil, no matter what.

He loves Phil.