Chapter 40

-the picture is meant to be a visual. Im not claiming it as anything as its a real place, I'm merely using the photo for fictional purposes-

Today we were going to France for my brothers wedding!

When we landed in Lyon, I was met with one of my favorite maids. "Nina!" I hugged her. She laughed. "Hello Philip." I stepped away. Dan came up after me, looking around. "This is my boyfriend Daniel." "He's an American yes? Doesn't understand French?" "Not at all."

I laughed. I haven't taught him anything. He used to take French but he admits to not paying any attention. He only knows 'bonjour' and 'comment allez-vous'. If we go far enough in life, I'll have to teach him.

We go into one of the family cars, a white Bentley continental. It's about a 2 hour ride from Lyon to Buis, so it'll be pretty much torture to Dan, because Nina and I will talk the whole time.

"Wow." Dan said as we pulled into the parking space. Yes, our house was fucking massive. "Yeah I know. It's a bit excessive. Has it gotten bigger since I got here?" "No not really." Nina replied. I nodded. "Come on in Dan. I want you to meet my parents. That'll be interesting. Especially my dad. If he's home."

"He is." I groaned. Dan wrapped an arm around my waist and I turned to lean against his body. He kissed me softly and I giggled, eagerly excepting it. We had a first class cabinet on our way here and all we did was make out but kissing Dan was nice.

We walked in, maids and butlers greeting us. "Wow this place is so grand." "We are very rich." "I know. My dad didn't shut up about your family for a month before you came." "I know. Danni told me." "Damn. She beats me to everything."

I laughed. "Philip!" My mom said excitedly, rushing towards me with her arms up. She kissed my cheek and squeezed me. Dan and I were still holding hands.

She hugged Dan next. "Wow. So handsome and tall. And from a kind and considerably rich family. I don't like his style but I bet he dresses up nice when he needs to." "He does." She smiled at Dan and he smiled back. She was talking in English, which was a bit surprising. But then again, I haven't been here in a while, who knows what has changed.

"Your dad is in the kitchen. I don't know if he wants to see you right now or not." "Too bad. I want to go to bed and sleep. So he's doing this now." "Oh speaking of sleeping. Where is Dan sleeping?" "With me." "I'm not sure..." "Really mom?" "It's your father not me."

"Screw him. Dan's staying in my bedroom whether dad likes it or not." "Ok. Whatever. Let's go say hi." "Come on Dan." I grabbed his hand again, I dropped it talking to my mom, and pulled him along.

We went to the dining room where my dad was sat, drinking straight black coffee and reading. "Dad." "Oh hello Philip. Nice to see you. You look good." "Wow a compliment." He looked up at me. "Don't get cheeky with me."

My dad was English, and my mom was French. I was born in Rossendale but French turned out to be my first language, just like my mother. They moved back to France when my grandfather fell ill. After he died, they decided that they liked Buis les Barronnies more than Manchester.

"This is Daniel." Dan smiled and shook hands with my dad. "He's better than all the ones before. Especially Keagan. Couldn't stand that kid. Better leave a good impression on me boy, you'll regret it."

I rolled my eyes. "Come on." I grabbed his hand and pulled him into my room. "Oh my god it's so nice to be back in my room. I've been in this room for 17 years, I've grown quite fond of it."

"I understand. It's the same for me and my room." I nodded. I laid back on bed and Dan took off his jacket, hanging it up. He laid over me, his hand going up to my hair. "This room is nice." "Thank you." "Is it really sound proofed?"

"Yeah. My family got it proofed because of my violin playing. I used to play it a lot more than I do now and everyone got annoyed. Of course, they aren't going to take the proof out so I make good use of it." Dan laughed. He kissed me, locking our lips together. I giggled at his eagerness.

He ground against me and I whined. "Dan..." I dragged out the 'a'. "I'm tired. Later? I just want to cuddle." He chuckled. "Of course." I unbuckled my jeans, slipping them off and throwing them to the ground. I was already in a hoodie as I flew in with it.

Dan did the same with his jeans and also took off his shirt. I laid under the blankets and he joined me, his arms comfortably going around me. It was very comfortable and warm, I fell asleep almost instantly.