Chapter 31

The good thing about Dan and I's relationship is that we barely fight. But the bad part is that when we do fight, it gets nasty. Dan is aggressive and gets pissed off easy, and I'm very sassy and stubborn.

It started over something small and stupid but it developed and developed until the whole house could hear us screaming at each other. Dan told, well screamed, me to leave his bedroom. I did, running to mine and after I put some warm clothes on and left through the window.

I was used to climbing out windows. I used to do it all the time to get away and do drugs and sleep with people. I hit the ground and sighed. I looked at Dan's window, it was dark out and the light was on inside and I could distinctly see a stressed out Dan pacing back and forth.

I just shrugged and turned, walking towards the woods. I snuck through the woods to go to the gas station to buy some food, a couple sodas and a couple energy drinks and then cigarettes and a lighter.

I went back to the woods and sat up in a tree, eating Doritos, drinking a RedBull™, smoking cigarette after cigarette and burning leaves.

I bummed through a whole pack of cigarettes and I was pissed afterwards. I was to lazy to walk back to 7-Eleven so I just finished my energy drinks and climbed up the tree higher.

I don't know how I long I stayed out. I didn't see what time I left but I guess a good time to go back was about mid-day. I jumped from my tree and left the extras on the ground for some homeless person. I twirled the lighter in my fingers as I walked.

I felt the cigarette pack in my hoodie and I took it out, opening it. There was one more surprisingly. I took it out, lit it and continued walking back to the Howells. I needed to brush my teeth and eat actual food but my lungs were filled with fogged air and I felt free. My head didn't hurt like usual and despite the cold, crisp January air, I was warm inside.

I walked in through the front door, after I threw out the last cigarette. I coughed violently, feeling most of the smoke leave my body as fresh air filled my lungs. I smelt and felt horrible now, being back in confinement.

I barely made it into the kitchen without being attacked by everyone. "Where the hell have you been?" Danni yelled. "Phil, you smell like cigarettes." "Good. My shame. Enjoy it. Sorry I'm not fucking perfect all the damn time." I bitched. I was tired, the buzz of energy drinks waring off.

"Woah, rude much." I spun around, feeling a pounding headache start. "I'm sorry. I'm tired. I was in the forest clearing my head, I bummed a pack of cigarettes. It's not the worse thing I've done. I didn't sleep and I smell like a hooker bar. I'll talk to you later." "Dan's worried sick about you."

I pouted. "I know. But he knows I can't stay locked up when I'm under stress. I'll talk to him after I clean up." She nodded. Everyone gave me worried looks as I walked away.

I ran upstairs, quietly made my way past Dan's room and crept up the second flight of stairs. I ran into my room, shutting and locking the door. I quickly got into my shower, brushing my teeth with so much force. I'd rather have lung cancer then have bad looking teeth sadly enough.