Chapter 29 - Miracle

Yuki pov:

"Cmon Akio! I cant run as fast as you!" I teased as we played our game of tag.

The weather had gotten warmer lately with the onset of spring. We were all outside enjoying the pleasant day.

Akio giggled as he slowed down for me but I still kept enough distance between us so I couldn't catch him just yet. Arata and Juo were cheering for Akio from the sidelines but they made sure that they ran away from me when I got close to them too.

I gave a mischievous grin as I picked up speed. I had been the chaser for a good ten minutes now so I decided to let someone else be the chaser. As I caught up with Akio, I glanced at Juo and Arata who were giggling. Just when I was about to touch Akio, I stopped running. I felt queasy, tasting bile in my mouth. I covered my mouth as my stomach lurched and I hunched over slightly.

"Yuki!" Juo was the first to notice my change in behavior and he came running to me frantic.

He put his arm around my shoulder and cupped my face with his other hand. I held his shirt in my fist and lurched again.

I was really going to throw up so I pushed him away and bolted into the mansion. Juo and my brothers were on my heels as I ran into the common bathroom on the first floor and hunched over the sink as I could no longer hold in my sickness. I coughed, emptying out my stomach's contents into the sink. My throat and eyes burned, my throat feeling somehow choked. Juo was at my side, parting my back and trying to ease the lurching I was having at the moment.

I stayed hunched over the sink until I felt better. I moved away and rinsed out my mouth before standing up straight and wiping my mouth with the back of my hand.

"Yuki.....are you okay?" I looked at Juo's worried face and smiled.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just felt sick all of a sudden.....although, I may know what the reason is...." I blushed, averting my eyes from Juo's to look at the tiled flooring of the bathroom.

"Did nee chan eat something bad??" Arata asked curiously as he tugged my jeans.

I chuckled, shaking my head. "No, it's not that."

I guess you could call it instinct. I wasn't completely sure if my guess was right but it was a very high possibility. This wasn't the first time I had suddenly felt queasy. I had suddenly thrown up two days ago even though I was completely fine ten minutes earlier. I had had dizzy spells too and yesterday, I felt queasy looking at my favorite food! There was only one possible explanation for that....and if it really was true, I could right about jump in joy.

Heck, I was already excited!

"Then wants wrong, Yuki?! We should take you to the doctor!" Juo was trembling and he looked so worried.

"Calm down, Juo. Nothing's wrong with me. In fact....I...."

"No! We have to go to the doctor! Right now!! Come on!" He didn't let me finish what I wanted to say and he dragged me behind him out of the mansion.

He didn't bother taking any money or anything as we left. It wasn't really necessary though since we could just pay the doctor later on. I shook my head with a smile, amused by his worry. But I didn't want to upset him so I let him take me to the doctor. After all, I think it was a good way of confirming my guess too.

When we walked through the town and finally made it to the local doctor's clinic, we had gained a lot of people's attention. They all watched us curiously since we didn't return their bows with waves and smiles like usual.