Chapter 18 - Moment of Truth

This chapter is dedicated to FTEmperial! Happy reading!

Song is Crash and Burn by Savage Garden. I think it truly fits this chapter! Please listen to it and fall in love with the lyrics just as I have *sparkly eyes*

~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuki pov:

"Finally morning, huh?" I squinted my eyes and stretched my arms above my head. There was the gentle morning sunlight coming into the room through the window and it seemed to give me a bit of energy that I needed to get started for the day.

I wasn't as energetic as I would be in the mornings on any other day. Thanks to all the mixed up and complicated thoughts in my head, I wasn't able to get much sleep. I couldn't fall asleep for quite some time and even if I did fall asleep, I would wake up every half an hour or so because of some weird disturbing dream or hearing Arata or Akio moan in their sleep. I was completely under rested and I just wanted to lie in bed without having to do anything today.

I gave a deep sigh as I sat up. I ran a hand through my hair, setting down the slight bed hair I had. I looked at my brothers who were curled up under the blanket. I reached out to touch their foreheads and they were still a little warm. They were sweaty too but they looked a little better than how they were last evening.

I decided to take a quick shower and get ready so I could take them to the doctor. I would have to inform Namiko san on the way that I wouldn't go to work for a day or two because I wanted to stay home and take care of Arata and Akio. Besides, with the indigestible information I had gotten yesterday from Juo, confirming my doubts of him living in the mansion and being abused by the two people I had trusted till now was not going to let me concentrate on anything for a while.

I left the bathroom door slightly open as I took my shower. I wanted to make sure I heard my brothers in case they called out to me. My shower was super quick and I dried off quickly before getting into a pair of jeans and a comfortable t-shirt. I tied up my hair in a loose ponytail and let it fall over my shoulder in front. Getting a glimpse at my brothers once more, I headed to the kitchen to fix up some porridge.

Everything around me was silent besides the sound of the porridge boiling. I was stirring it at a slow pace, my eyes unfocused on my task at hand. My mind was replaying Juo's expression and the words he had said yesterday. When I started to get a slightly burnt smell, I came back to reality and switched off the stove before all of the porridge got burnt.

I tasted to porridge and I was glad that it didn't taste weird. Some of it was stuck to the bottom of the vessel and would need a good hard scrubbing to get it off later. I didn't bother about that at the moment though and I transferred the contents into three bowls.

I quickly ate my share, burning my tongue a bit in the process, before taking the other two bowls to the bedroom to give to my brothers.

"Arata? Akio? C'mon, wake up. I've got you breakfast." I called out gently to them. Both of them moaned as they awoke.

Akio just sat up dazed. He looked tired but he didn't fuss much about how he was feeling. Arata though whimpered and hiccupped softly. I gave a sad smile and caressed his head as he sat up.

"Don't cry, Arata. You're a strong and brave boy, right? We'll go see a nice doctor and he'll make you feel all better. So don't cry, okay?" He nodded but he was still crying a little. He was much more soft and sensitive compared to Akio.

I brought them closer to me and they managed to eat about two thirds of the porridge I had got for them. When they couldn't eat anymore, I wiped their faces with a warm wet cloth and changed them into something neat. I picked them up and took them to the living room one after the other, placing them on the couch with a blanket over them to keep them warm until I got my purse.