Chapter 24 - Encouragement

This chapter is dedicated to Rangami-chan! Happy reading! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuki pov:

"Hmm....I wonder which one of these will match the wedding gown...." I pressed my lips into a thin line as I debated between two necklace-earring sets in front of me.

Even though my wedding with Juo was tomorrow, I had to pretend to be slow and easy when deciding the other details. Since the wedding with Hiru was still three days away, I couldn't act like I had to hurry deciding what jewelry to wear, what flowers to have as a bouquet....well, the flower bouquet would be given to me by Sumire sama himself. Freshly picked and freshly bloomed by his power.

"Yuki? What are you doing here?" I looked to the side when I heard Hiru.

I merely smiled at him as he walked to where I was sitting. He sat down next to me, giving the jewelry on the table a curious glance.

"Hey there, Hiru. Actually, I was deciding which necklace would suit the wedding dress. These two belonged to my mother....so I wanted to wear one of these for the wedding." I looked at the jewelry, feeling a slight sting in my chest.

"Oh, Yuki...." Hiru took a hold of my hand in his and gave it a squeeze. "I know you miss your mother and father but now you have my parents! They see you as their own daughter so don't feel sad, okay? If there's anything you need or want to talk about, you can tell ka san."

Hitoshi san and Kiyomi san as my parents? I couldn't even laugh about that. There's no way that they could ever be that way, especially after the way they had separated me and my brothers and forced me into this marriage.

"Yeah, thanks Hiru."

I looked at the wedding dress that had been put on the mannequin in front of me. We were in a dressing room and there was a huge mirror, a big dressing table with different kinds of accessories including ones used for hair styling. This room was supposed to be where I would get ready for the wedding and wait for a chosen family to walk me down the aisle like how my father was supposed to.

"So! Which one do you plan to weak? Both of them look nice.....and I'm sure that you will look beautiful in anything you wear. Wearing the wedding gown itself will make you look absolutely divine!" Hiru smiled, not holding back from expressing his excitement.

I looked at both of them again and picked up one. "I think this one will look nice for it. It's simple and elegant....and looks delicate too."

"Hmm....I actually like the other one better. But it's your choice. This occasion is just as special to you as it is to me. So I want you to wear what you like to wear. As I said before, you will look beautiful in anything." Hiru pushed a stray strand of hair behind my ear.

I moved away from him and looked back at the set I held in my hands. The necklace was a simple silver chain with three rain drop pendants. The one in the center was bigger than the other two and shined brightly in the light. There were matching earrings with a circular stud and a rain drop hanging. It was my personal favorite. My mother had always looked so beautiful wearing this set.

I was actually happy that Hiru preferred the other one instead if this one. I'm sure Sumire sama, Juo, nii san and nee san would like this set. It would go very well with the wedding dress. That's for sure.

"Hey Hiru, I was wondering.....can I have dinner with my brothers today? It's been so long since I spent quality time with them and they've been getting a little....difficult. They've been throwing tantrums to make me stay with them longer.....so if I could spend a little more time with them today, they might settle down a bit...." I traced the pendant with my index finger as I spoke.