Chapter 23 - Trusting in Love

Yuki pov:

"It is time for the two of you to get married." Sumire sama said smiling.

I was silent and I looked at Juo. What Sumire sama said didn't seem to sink in at first but after a moment, Juo's eyes went as wide as possible and a dark blush dusted his cheeks. I couldn't stop a soft giggle from escaping my lips at the flustered look Juo had on his face at the moment.

"S-Sumire sama?! Married to Yuki?! Now?!!" Sumire sama raised a brow amused.

"You don't want to?" He teased making Juo get even more flustered than before.

"N-no!! T-that's not w-what I meant!!! Of course I want to marry Yuki and be with her forever and ever! But now?? Yuki....Y-Yuki agrees?" He looked at me. His eyes were gleaming with happiness and he was still blushing. He was squirming as he tried to control his excitement.

I gave a smiled and nodded as I looked away with a blush. I was rewarded with an excited squeal from him. He let go of my hand and glomped me sideway, nuzzling his face with mine. I giggled as his hair ticked my neck and shoulder but I tensed for a moment feeling wetness on my cheek that was touching his.

"I love you, Yuki!! I love you! I love you! I love you! I'm so happy!" He had a mix of a frown and grin on his face.

He was trembling and crying. I could tell he was really happy because I could feel hear heart pounding against my arm that was pressed up against this chest. His eyes were shut and tears flowed out relentlessly.

My gaze softened and I wrapped my arms around him, bringing him into a proper embrace. He buried his face in the crook of my neck and sniffled. Sumire sama was watching us with a smile and I patted Juo's back to help him calm down.

"Group hug!!" Arata and Akio ran to us and fell on top of us.

Because of their accelerated weight, Juo and I fell sideways with them on top of us. We were laughing loudly and I tickled my brothers until they had tears escaping their eyes.

After our short happy moment, we sat up. I removed the dust from my brothers' hair as well as Juo's. I told my brothers to go on and play for some more time so that Juo and I could discuss things with Sumire sama. After giving both me and Juo kisses on our cheeks, they ran off to play by themselves. Juo and I sat up properly and faced Sumire sama who was still smiling warmly as he watched us.

"S-so....when will we get married?" Juo was still squirming in excitement as he looked at Sumire sama.

However, his excitement faltered when Sumire sama looked down with a frown. The air around him had become thick and serious.

Well, we had had our share of excitement for the news of our marriage and getting the chance to be with each other for the rest of our lives. I loved Juo very much and I knew that he loved me too; probably more than how much any other person in the world could possible ever love. For someone who had never experienced even a bit of affection from anyone his whole life, having to go through endless abuse and hatred from those around him, I don't think I could even gauge how happy he was to be loved and live with a person who loved him for him. And I always wanted to see this happiness in him.

"Sumire sama....what's wrong?" Juo sounded nervous now. He was one who thought of the worst possible situation, especially when there was an atmosphere as serious as this.

"Juo, what I am going to tell the both of you is something very important. Time is crucial and this plan cannot fail no matter what. We have just one chance to set things right and you have to be strong and firm. Do you understand?" Sumire sama asked him.