Chapter 1 - Moving

Yuki pov:

"Yuki....are you sure you're going to be okay by yourself? You can stay here with us you know?" I chuckled softly as my best friend, big sister and guardian pouted while holding my hands in hers. We stood in front of the Metro train waiting for the last call so we could board it.

"I'll be fine, nee san. Don't worry." I tried to sound as reassuring as powwible despite being slightly uncertain about my decision.

"I know....but still, having to take care of two kids too! And you're going to the countryside where there wont be any technology! No TV, no video games, no karaoke, no cars, and most importantly, no phones!! The place will be so....primeval." She continued to whine.

I smiled sadly shaking my head. "There's nothing left for us here, nee san. Besides, living in the city is too expensive. The way we are now, we cant afford it." I said, thinking about the life changing incident that had happened just a week ago.

"But we'll help you! At least if you're here, we'll be at ease."

"Reina is right, Yuki. You can stay with us.....we'll be there to help." Nee san's husband, Takano nii said as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"Thank you, Takano nii, but I think this is the best way. Staying here will only bring back unpleasant memories....we need a change of place. And I've heard the countryside lifestyle is slow and calming. I could really use the slowed down pace to get back to who I used to be."

Nee san cupped my cheeks gently, giving a sad smile. "I'm so sorry that things turned out this way....if only....if only the accident hadn't happened." I felt a twinge in my heart, but I had to be strong. I had the responsibility of taking care of not just myself but two other people.

I pulled nee san's hands away from my cheeks with a forced smile. "None of the things that happen are under our control....and we cant change the past. So lets not talk about it, okay?"

"Last call for train 7154, track four departing to Kayoku city. I repeat, last call for train 7154, track four departing to Kayoku city." I looked up at the speakers as they echoed across the station.

"Well, that's our queue. Arata (fresh/new)! Akio (bright man)! C'mon, it's time to go." I called out to the three and a half year old twin brothers of mine busy chasing each other and bumping into almost every single person walking in the station.

" I called out to the three and a half year old twin brothers of mine busy chasing each other and bumping into almost every single person walking in the station

Despite the situation we were in now, they had coped much better than me. And the only reason I was still sane was because of their innocent laughter and my resolve to watch over them.

"Yuki nee chan!!" They came running to me, colliding with my legs still giggling. I looked at them with a smile, my hands on their heads as they looked up at me grinning widely.

"Yuki...." I looked back at nee san's pleading face.

"Don't worry. We'll be fine. I'll write to you as soon as I get there, okay? Say bye to aunt Reina and uncle Takano." I said looking down at the twins again.