Prologue

Hey everyone! So I'm finally putting up the prologue of the new story I've been working on. Its an original story and I hope that you all will like it just as much as 'Of Love and War' and 'Imprisoned to Love You'. If you like it more, I'll be even happier :P

I just want to say thank you to all my readers out there! Thank you for the constant support and motivation!

And special thanks to my sweet imouto chan Angie_Taisho. I was overjoyed when she told me that she wanted to read my original story first! It totally made my day! I'm so happy so this story too shall be dedicated to Angie_Taisho chan!!! Love you loads!!! >3<

Once again, thank you to everyone who's reading this and reading all my other stories!

Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Tch! What rotten luck being stuck with that child! Heh, I wouldn't even call it rotten luck. Its pure misfortune to be at a distance where we can see that thing!"

"That's true! That cursed demon child!"

Tearing crimson eyes watched the elders talk amongst themselves as the 'child' hid himself behind the door.

"He's nothing but a parasite! If it wasn't for him, the Lord and the Lady would have been alive!"

"Of course! It was just as the High Priest said.....if he had been gotten rid of before, we wouldn't have been in this position. The minute I saw that white hair and demonic eyes, I knew he was a Devil sent from Hell to ruin us!"

Slender fingers tightened turning his knuckles white. Their words hurt, they hurt so much.....even though he was used to hearing it more than once every single day.

He was just a toy, a prisoner, a pawn in their hands....he wasn't wanted by anyone. Not even a single person from this town that he was supposed to rule wanted anything to do with him. Beaten and bruised; he was hated by all.

"If you ask me, we should just have that thing assassinated! We should just appoint someone else to take the place as the head of the town....that would be for the best, right?" His crimson eyes now went wide in fear and shock. Tears fell softly down his pale tender cheeks leaving dark splotches on his silk clothes and the rough stone floor.

Assassinated? Assassinated?! Surely they considered him a burden but they wouldn't go to the extent of getting rid of him completely! He had never hurt anyone even though everyone despised him!

"That is not possible." The two people talking stopped their argument and bowed as the third person in the room who had been sitting silently this whole time finally decided to speak.

"Hitoshi sama." They said his name in deep respect. The Head Minister walked to them, hands behind his back and his posture itself screaming the high authority that he had.

"We cannot take the risk of getting in trouble with the city government that runs this town on a higher level. Killing off Lord Juo would be nothing more than child's play." The boy flinched, absolutely shocked at how insignificant his existence was to these people.

"Besides, we cannot appoint anyone else to run this town.....who knows what will happen when fools misuse their so called authority. We are the ones who have to rule this town." The Head Minister said rather calmly.

"Then....what do we do, Hitoshi sama?" The other two ministers asked, slightly disappointed that their plan to get rid of the demon child had been overruled. However, the Head Minister just smiled, amused.

"We do what we've been doing all this time. That boy is nothing but a puppet in our hands in front of the authorities. We'll just have to use him well to control this town. That's what we want, isn't it?" His voice held confidence and obvious hint of the fact that he was in control. With the power and authority he held, there was no one who could stand in his way.

Scheming laughter could be heard, echoing into the corridor where the boy stood. His heart hurt and the water that fell from his eyes wouldn't stop. Was he really nothing? He was supposed to be the Lord of this town, the one to manage and watch over the people of this town. He wanted to. But instead, he was loathed, thrown away, considered an evil sent to destroy them.

He cared for his people....he wanted to care. He wanted to smile and laugh like everyone else but no one wanted to have anything to do with him.

Surely it wasn't true that he was an evil, right? White hair and almost glowing red eyes....demon child....demon child indeed. What other explanation was there? Even more, he was told to be responsible for his parents' death because he was cursed.

His hands trembled as they fell to his sides. He turned around dropping his head as he walked back to his room in this maze like mansion.

His heart was painfully heavy and he flinched every time he passed by a maid or butler as they sneered and cursed at him in the hallway. He reached his room soon enough. Closing the door behind him, he slid onto the floor with his back against the door. He didn't bother to hide the violent hiccups that escaped his lips and he lifted his hands to cover his overflowing burning eyes.

He felt like the only one trapped in this never ending darkness.

Lifting his head up, he looked around the frighteningly huge room as he rubbed his eyes furiously.

Was there really no one who could show him even the slightest affection? Was he really nothing more than a curse that people wanted to get rid of? It was too painful. Just living like this was painful....but what could he do? He had nowhere else to go, he had no one, he had nothing if he left this mansion. He didn't know how to survive on his own....having never seen the world besides this mansion and the garden within its gates.

He had everything – more food than he could ever eat, more clothes than he could ever wear, more money than he could ever spend.....but no love. Not even in the slightest. There was no one who could love a demon child, was there? He had every luxury in the world, but what was the use when his heart was shattered and his wings broken, never to be fixed again?

He was a fragile bird locked forever in a golden, gem studded cage.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hitoshi means 'even tempered /level headed person'.

Jurojin is actually the name of a Japanese God who represents Happiness and Long Life. I did some research because I'm very particular with the names of the characters I come up with. :P

So! This time, I decided to try a sort of different story line. In all the previous stories I have written, the OC, who is usually the girl, is an average kind of person and the guy she falls in love with is super strong, dominant and the one in the lead. You know, the type who is an overall stronger figure than the girl.

This time, I decided to switch the roles. The boy is going to be sort of timid and abused with no friends, no family. Of course, I'm not saying the girl will be a warrior dressed in armor. ^^' She'll just be the supportive and strength-giving kind of character to the guy.

I have a plot somewhat written out. Please leave lots of comments to motivate me!!

Hope you all enjoy! I would like to hear your thoughts on the concepts!

And don't forget to vote too! ;)