Chapter 16 - Innocent Love

Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden.

The song is totally lovely, isn't it? I think it really fits what Juo is thinking when he is around Yuki. He loves her so much that he wants to do everything and anything possible for her.

Please listen to the song as you read! ^^

This chapter is dedicated to my sweet imouto chan Angie_Taisho! A fluff filled chapter  dedicated to you even though the whole story is pretty much dedicated to you!

Happy reading!

~~~~~~~~~

Yuki pov:

"Hmmm....warm...." I hummed in happiness as I snuggled into something warm and broad. I could also feel something smooth under my hands, something soft tickling my forehead and a gentle pulsing again my cheek.

I felt like I was wrapped up in something and it was extremely comfortable.

But it was odd waking up to something warm when I usually woke up to a hand on my face or leg on my stomach. My brothers tossed and turned a bit in their sleep so I usually ended up as another mattress for them by the mornings.

I opened my eyes rather reluctantly. I saw something smooth and fair in front of my eyes and I squirmed to put some distance between myself and my source of warmth. When I was at a distance to see what I was sleeping close to, my heart skipped a beat.

I was wrapped up in Juo's arms! I had been snuggling into his bare chest this whole time and both his arms were wrapped around me, holding me protectively close to his body. The expression on his face was serene and he seemed to be in very deep sleep. Even as I squirmed to get out of his hold, he didn't even twitch.

I finally managed to get out of his hold with all the squirming. As I sat up, I gentle moved his arm off from my waist and onto the mattress. I pulled the blanket up to his chin again to make sure he stayed warm. I caressed his head with a small smile.

I no longer felt embarrassed of my feelings. I had accepted that my love and care for him wasn't out of friendship anymore. I wanted to love him unconditionally because it gave me such a happy warm and fuzzy feeling. I wanted to see more of his smiles and spend more time with him. I wanted to make him happy.

I bent down and placed my lips on the side of his head very softly. I lingered for a few seconds before pulling away. I smiled and got up from the mattress to give my body a nice stretch. I looked to the side to see my brothers sleeping soundly. They were curled up against each other, half their faces under the blanket.

I decided to get ready for the day. I was up early so I proceeded to take a warm shower before I got into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I reached out for a towel but as I pulled it out of the cupboard, some of the clothes that I had messily stuffed inside fell out. I resisted from giving a groan and crouched to pick up the clothes.

As I picked them up, I blinked seeing a two shirts and a pair of jogging pants there among my clothes. From the looks of it, it belonged to Takano nii. Now that I thought back, I had washed some of his clothes when he and Reina nee had come to visit. Looks like he had forgotten about these and left them here. Oh well, I'm sure he would do fine without two shirt and a jogging pant. Besides, these would be the right fit for Juo! I wouldn't have to go shopping for men's clothes and end up getting suspicious looks from the other people of the town.

Thankfully, there was even spare underwear.....

I picked up the clothes and flung them over my shoulder. I stacked the other clothes in the cupboard again and walked to the kitchen while drying my hair with the towel. I set the clothes on the back rest of the dining chair and hung the now wet towel to dry on another chair before reaching out for some vessels to make breakfast in.