Chapter 27 - Loving you

Yuki pov:

"These are the different things that the previous Lady handled. I too feel that people with a keen eye for detail and appreciation should handle these matters. Women are better at that than men." Nanashi san said with a smile.

I had walked through the mansion with him as he explained the different things that we would be responsible to take care of since that entire town's governing was in our hands now. I for one had zero knowledge in politics. In fact, I never bothered to watch anything about politics even on TV. So Nanashi san was nice enough to explain everything to me from scratch.

He told me that since both Juo and I were new to this, he would send one of his subordinates to help us with things. His subordinate would visit us every week and record our progress as well as clarify any doubts that had risen during the week's time.

While Juo handled documentation, inspection and overall governance, I would be responsible for keeping track of the accounts. Records of trade and gross production in the town would be under my surveillance. I would also handle listening to any complaints or requests of the townspeople whenever they came to me to speak. I in turn would have to convey the requirement to Juo so he could take necessary action.

Well, it didn't sound too tough but it also was the first time I was going to be handling this. I just hope I would do a satisfactory job.

"Thank you so much for your guidance, Nanashi san. I hope that we can perform upto your expectations." I gave him a bow.

I glanced behind me when I felt a hand on my shoulder. Takano nii was giving me a reassuring smile.

"I'm sure you'll do well, Yuki. The most important thing for success here is dedication and unconditional love for the people. Both you and Juo have these qualities. In fact, you also have a lot of patience. I know that the the two of you will do fine."

"That's right, Yuki. We've known for a very long time and we know you'll be able to handle this." Reina nee too walked to my side and took a hold of my hand. "I know you'll be very busy from now on but you have to visit when the baby is born! You're his aunt so you cant give any reasons for being absent!"

I laughed and shook my head. "Of course nee san. I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Yuki?" We all looked up when Juo joined us in the library. Hanazaki san and Takahiro san were with him too. It looked like they were done with their discussions too.

"You're done too?" I asked with a smile and took a hold of his hand, entwining my fingers with his when he came to stand next to me.

He just gave a cute nod and we looked at the others.

"The three of us will be on our way now. We have a lot of work to do in the city....filing reports about what happened here and deciding what punishment to give to the Ichijou family." Takahiro san gave a rather exasperated sigh, probably thinking of how hectic it was going to be for them for the next couple of days.

"Um....what will happen t the Ichijou family?" I asked hesitantly.

"Well, judging from their crimes, I'm guessing they will receive several whippings as punishment and even spend at least twelve to fifteen years in prison. Poisoning someone to take over their wealth and control over a town isn't a light offence." Nanashi san said grimly.

"O-oh, I see...." I didn't know what else to say. It was expected that they would have to spend a long time in prison but the whipping part made me a little uneasy.

"Don't worry about it, Yuki. The City Government will take care of it. You should concentrate on your new life ahead of you. And we'll be heading back as well, okay?" Hanazaki san said gently making me nod with a smile.