Chapter 28 - Complete

Yeeeaahhh.... so I updated this story first ^^' I was just really involved in this one so I couldn't put my phone down until I finished it.

Well, this isn't the last chapter. And I'm so sorry I haven't updated the Bleach x Fairy Tail fanfic in like 6 days! T.T But I will do my best to update it in a few hours, by tonight. So please bear with me until then!

Happy reading! <3 ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~

Yuki pov:

Jui and I fidgeted.

We had our fingers cross, biting the inside of our cheeks as we watched Hanazaki san for any change in expression.

He nodded every now and then, going through the reports on the table in front of him. As he flipped each page, Juo and I momentarily tensed. We would glance at each other with small hopeful smiles before looking back at Hanazaki san.

"Hmm....these reports are good. From what I've been hearing from Fuji, there have been significant changes in the town's different aspects. Trade has improved, quality of life has improved and there seems to be an overall happiness and contentment that has come over the people. They're no longer struggling to meet their family's needs since the amount of stocks being supplied to the mansion are no longer in unbelievably high quantities. I think that this is a job well done, Juo san, Yuki san." Hanazaki san looked up at us with a smile.

Juo and I broke out into grins and I threw my arms into the air cheering.

"Yes!!! We did it! We actually did it!!" I laughed as I was pulled into Juo's chest in a sideways hug.

It has been one month since Juo and I began to handle matters of the town. Governance was hard since both of us had never handled such things before. There were a lot of changes that had to be brought out in the agreements as well as the rules that Hitoshi san had made when he had taken over the town.

How much of the town's resources were sent out for trade, how much we had to keep for the improved life of our people, the annual budget with which we had to manage incentives of the townspeople, setting things right with the neighboring town's Lord who had also been facing problems in refusing Hitoshi san's selfish pressurizing requests....there was so much that we had to work on! And I can't believe that Hitoshi san had been taking so much more than what was actually required! Just as Namiko san had said, it seems most of it was for his personal development.

The rule that needed revision the most was supplying food and other groceries to the mansion in such high quantities. It was unnecessary since a lot would go waste from being kept longer than their shelf life. Precious food was wasted and the people in the town including those who took care of the farming couldn't get the minimal amounts that's they really needed for their daily bread. I guess Hitoshi san had made the rule because he wanted the people to submit to him forcefully.

Just as we had discussed earlier, Hanazaki san's subordinate, Fuji san, came to the town every week. Every Saturday was a new deadline for the set of things we had to go over. We were guided by Fuji san over everything and he was a very patient person, teaching us slowly and giving us a good foundation knowledge so we could manage things on our own once this training period was done.

So after four weeks of nothing but work, Hanazaki san and come to do a final check on our progress and skills of handling the governance.

"That's right, Yuki san. I think that the both of you have changed the town for the better. The people are happy; that's the most important thing. Congratulations." He wished us wholeheartedly.

Juo and I looked at each other totally excited. We had done a good job! That means, all our hard work had paid off and we were going to officially take responsibility of this town from now on.