Chapter 20 - Agreement

Yuki pov:

"Please! Let me out! Let me see Arata and Akio! I'm begging you!" I banged the doors of the room I was locked up in.

I hadn't been able to sleep even a wink the whole of last night because of the shock. The tension was so horrible that it had made me sick to the stomach. I had forced myself to eat dome dinner so that I could hold out at least physically but I had thrown up every last bit of food I had eaten because I was so worried.

My hands were hurting from banging the doors since the past fifteen minutes. I was desperate to have someone open the door and let me out of here so I could see my brothers.

I stiffened when I heard the click of the lock. I stepped back and the door opened to reveal Hiru. He looked fresh, dressed in neatly ironed clothes and he was smiling. Once he stepped in, he closed the door behind him and locked it.

"Good morning, Yuki. Did you sleep well?" He asked. I felt so betrayed. I felt so hurt!

My eyes stung painfully and I hiccuped as I stepped to him and hit his chest. "Let me see my brothers! Let me go! I don't want to be here! Why are you doing this to us?!"

He sighed, holding both my wrists in his hands to prevent me from hitting him. "Yuki, Yuki....please calm down! This is for your own good!"

"No!" I screamed, making him let go of my wrists as I stepped back. "This is not for my good! I should have listened to Namiko san when she told me not to trust you! This is for your selfish wishes! I want to see my brothers! Let me go!"

"Yuki, you have to settle down in life too. I am in love with you and if you marry me, you will live like a princess! In this big mansion, with all the riches you could ever wish for! I will take care of you like a princess....give you everything you want, everything that can be got in this world." Hiru was smiling, completely indifferent to how panicked I looked right now.

"Besides, I'm sure you wouldn't want to become the reason for your brothers getting hurt or anyone from the town having to pay a heavy price. Don't test my patience, Yuki." I flinched hearing his icy tone. His eyes were sharp and menacing as he warned me.

"No....you wouldn't...." I mumbled out, eyes wide in shock. Why was he looking at me that way? Why did he look so cold? I was scared!

"I would, Yuki. Tou san and I are generous but we wont hesitate to do what we have to for things to go as we want it to. I'm sure that tou san can find a good boarding school for your brothers. That way, you wont have to worry about them, right? Everything will work out perfectly." He smiled again as if soothing me after his threat.

"No! Please don't do that! You cant send my brothers away! Don't take my brothers away from me!" I begged, seeing that I had no way out of this. I didn't care what I had to agree to at the moment. My brothers were more important than anything and I didn't mind having to compromise on a few things for the sake of their happiness.

Hiru let go of my hands and I held the front of his clothes as I pleaded him. His eyes softened and he cupped my face with his hands, running one hand through my hair. "Oh, Yuki. Please don't give me such an expression. I love you and I wouldn't want you to be sad in any way. I'm sure we can work out something with your brothers.....as long as you are obedient."

Tears streamed down my cheeks. How could he be like this? Where was the Hiru I had known all this time? Was he really hiding this side of him when he smiled with us, laughed with my brothers, brought us chocolates, kissed my forehead?

That's right....he always hugged me and kissed my forehead. Perhaps he was trying to slowly get me to like him but when I refused his confession, he stopped pretending. This is why everyone from the town too was afraid of him and Hitoshi san. I wonder what they had done to make every single person fear them. Or perhaps it was better for me not to know and just do as they wanted so my brothers would be safe.