• • • • •

The news regarding the triple attack spread like wildfire after the Quidditch match was cancelled. People instantly knew something was wrong when the message was spoken on the loud speaker. Quidditch was never cancelled unless it was extremely important and the teachers had to get the students back safely to their common rooms.

The Hufflepuff Quidditch team was very confused but made their way back to their common room like the rest of the stadium.

They were met with whispers and the suggestion that there was another attack.

"Do you think there was an attack, Ced?" Luke asked him.

The team had dispersed a bit and went to find their friends. Luke, Dan, and Nate soon found Cedric and were asking him to see if he knew anything.

Cedric sighed. "There has to be, unfortunately. Why else would the match be cancelled?" He was scared to see who had been attacked and hoped it wasn't anyone he knew.

After shoving through the hectic hallways, they had finally made it back to their common room and made sure to find a seat because it would soon get crowded.

More and more Hufflepuffs came in and after about twenty minutes of constant chattering about the current situation, Professor Sprout came into view holding a piece of parchment.

Everyone instantly quieted down and awaited what she was going to say.

The short woman looked very strained and like she did not want to speak. Everything had happened so fast and the news of what was to come wasn't going to be easy to tell.

"Well I'm afraid to say there has been another attack,"

Many students gasped.

"One Ravenclaw and two Gryffindors," Sprout continued.

Many Hufflepuffs felt a bit of relief but were completely shocked that three students had been attacked.

"Who were they Professor?" a sixth year girl asked looking rather frightened.

Professor Sprout sighed and took a breath. "Ravenclaw prefect Penelope Clearwater and Gryffindors Hermione Granger and Samantha Potter,"

Cedric dropped his broomstick.

• • • • •

Breakfast the next morning was very quiet. The only noise was coming from forks hitting the plates and light chewing.

The teachers had no reason to talk as the message that Dumbledore had sent out the previous day spoke volumes itself.

There weren't as many Gryffindors at their table, most likely afraid to acknowledge their dwindling numbers.

The Ravenclaws were down as well and Katherine sat alone at the end of the table. She couldn't believe her older sister had been petrified and wanted to hold off on telling their parents, in hopes she would get healed soon.

A lot of students now felt ridiculous for even considering that Harry and Samantha were behind all of this. Harry would never attack his sister and best friend and Samantha would never attack herself.