Chapter 26: Game Change

"I'm glad you agreed to come out with me tonight, Em," Andrew said as he opened the door to the Melrose bar and grill in downtown Beverly Hills, allowing Emma to walk in before him. The sound of "Miss You" by The Rolling Stones played over unseen speakers. "I didn't think you would, after the way I reacted to you and Mike earlier today."

	Emma sighed softly, glancing back at him as he followed after her, both of them making their way towards the bar

Emma sighed softly, glancing back at him as he followed after her, both of them making their way towards the bar. "Not many people would, I imagine, but given what you walked into, it wasn't completely your fault. If anyone else had walked in on us, I'd have a harder time talking them down then I did you."

He glanced over at her inquisitively as they sat down at the bar, Emma slipping out of her black polyester coat and setting it on the stool to her right. "Talking them down from what? Telling everyone else in the hospital?"

"Exactly. Fortunately, I trust you care enough about me, and our friendship, not to do something like that."

The dark-haired, brown-eyed, olive-skinned and muscular bartender came up to them. "What'll it be?"

"Gin and tonic, please," Emma replied.

"I'll just have a beer, thanks," Andrew added.

The man nodded in regard and pulled a beer from beneath the bar, popping the cap off for Andrew and setting it in front of him, then turned to prepare Emma's drink.

Andrew took a swig of his beer before glancing over at her. "Well of course I care. That's what best friends are for, right?" The corner of his mouth turned up in a smirk.

Emma smiled softly. "Right. Speaking of best friends, was that Jason I saw leaving the ER this afternoon?"

Andrew chuckled softly, gently nodding his head. "Yeah, it was. Apparently he and Josh got into an argument about the way he acted last night and he tried to take a swing at him, but not before Josh put his fist in his face. Twelve stitches, total. Eight in his forehead and four in his cheek."

She rolled her eyes dramatically and scoffed. "Well, you gotta admit, the bloody wanker had it coming."

He snorted with a nod of his head. "Yeah..." He took a guzzle from his beer and sighed softly. "But I think I finally managed to get through to him."

Emma thanked the bartender as he set her martini glass in front of her, taking a sip of it. "Really? How's that?"

"I convinced him that AA might be a good idea, and that if he doesn't start making some changes in his life, he's out of the band and out of my life."

"Do you honestly think he'll follow through?"

"I don't know. I called up to psych and set him up with an AA group, but unless I start keeping tabs on him, there's no way to know whether he'll actually do what he said he will. I guess we'll just have to put him to the test the next time we go out to a club."