Chapter 11: Cloudy With A Chance of Romance

"Amy! Oh my god!" Tina Bentley cried as Amy stepped into the small employee break room. The dark haired, porcelain skinned girl strode towards Amy, throwing her arms around her and quickly pulling her into a hug. "Where have you been? I've been worried sick about you for the past four days!"

Amy's brows shot up in surprise as she gingerly brought her arms up to hug her best friend, gently patting her back in semi-forced comfort. "I missed you too, Tina...I think. I didn't know you were a hugger."

Tina quickly pulled away from her and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry. I've just been really sensitive lately, especially..." She stole a quick glance around the vacant break room, leaning in and lowering her voice, "being that it's that time of the month, you know?"

" She stole a quick glance around the vacant break room, leaning in and lowering her voice, "being that it's that time of the month, you know?"

Amy gently nodded her head and chuckled. "I know exactly what you mean. Sorry, it's kind of a long story, a really long story actually. I had to go to the hospital to get my stupid appendix out, then I left the next day, then I had an anxiety attack and I couldn't breathe so I had to go back again and--"

Tina's jaw dropped in shock, her hand quickly going to her heart. "Oh my god. You were in the hospital and had to have an operation? God, I heard you were sick, but I never realized you were that sick. How are you now? Are you okay?"

She rolled her eyes, walking past her towards her locker. "I'm fine. You know, I'm really getting sick of people asking me that. I've got meds to get me through, I'm out of that disgusting hospital, I couldn't be happier."

"Which hospital? I wish you would've called and told me. I would have come by to visit you."

She stopped at her locker, glancing back at her before punching in the combination. "Cedars Sinai."

"Wait, the hospital your ex works at?"

Exhaling sharply, she opened her locker and put her pink Dooney & Burke purse inside. "Yep, that one...unfortunately."

"What do you mean unfortunately? You showed me a picture of the guy and he is smoking hot! I still can't believe you two broke up."

"God, not this again," she muttered as she reached into her purse, fishing out the black William Rast lanyard with her name badge and slipping it over her head. "We've had this conversation before, Tina. He never made time for me. He's married to his fucking job."