Chapter 15: All About Andrew

Amy groaned irritably as she quickly browsed through her wardrobe, flipping from one hanger to the next, the sound of "Stripper" by Sohodolls pumping out of her stereo speakers. How hard was it to find a sexy top to wear? More importantly, a top with three quarter sleeves or sleeves long enough to cover her bruises. Maybe she should have gone shopping ahead of time. Why did she always have to wait until the last minute? 

Glancing over at the clock on her iPod dock, she exhaled sharply when she realized that Andrew would be arriving to pick her up in less than half an hour and she was only half-ready, well, half-dressed anyway. If she could find a top, she could start working on her make-up. She didn't need to worry much about her hair. After changing into a pair of tight black leather pants, she had gone into the bathroom to curl the ends and add a dash of hair spray to keep it in place.

Now she was searching for a blouse, not a graphic tee or tank top but an actual blouse with nothing on it, something nice, okay, sexy, that maybe showed off a little cleavage. Just when she thought she was going to have to ask Courtney to borrow a sexy top, she found a perfect one towards the back of her closet. It was a low-cut leopard print top with three quarter sleeves. Her eyes lit up, the corners of her mouth curling up into a smile, until she realized one major problem with her choice of garment. Her patterned scarf would clash with the print. 

She sighed deeply, groaning in frustration as she flung the top onto her bed and began digging through her closet for another scarf, a plain one. The one around her neck couldn't be the only one she owned. Would Andrew care if she were a little mismatched? Would he? Maybe, maybe not.

A few minutes later, she threw her hands up in frustration, turned and collapsed on the small pile of clothes on top of her bed. She stared up at the ceiling in her room and shook her head in disbelief as she listened to the sounds of "Bang Bang Bang Bang" by Sohodolls that now filled her room. "I so need to go shopping," she muttered to no one in particular but herself.

 "I so need to go shopping," she muttered to no one in particular but herself

"For what?"

She lifted her head at the sound of Courtney's voice, her best friend entering her room clad in a pair of blue jeans and a black tank, her hair pulled up into a high ponytail, her arms crossed comfortably over her chest. Pushing herself up to her elbows, Amy shrugged. "Nothing. Just shopping in general. Retail therapy, you know?"

Courtney nodded in regard before glancing around the room. "Are you re-organizing your closet or something?"

Amy shook her head, pushed herself up to her feet and turned back to her bed, tugging her shirt up over her head. After removing the leopard print one from the hanger, she carefully pulled it on.

"What are you getting all dressed up for? You going out?"

She hesitated for a few long seconds, debating about how she should reply to that question. Slowly, she pulled her scarf and her hair out of the collar of her shirt. "Uhh yeah...I am, with Andrew."