Chapter 7: Emergency House Call

Amy was half-way home when she started having second thoughts about checking herself out of the hospital. Not because she missed Andrew, or Michael but because of the risks they had presented to her, the dizziness but more importantly, losing consciousness. While she did share an apartment with Courtney, her friend was going to be at work with Zack for the rest of the night, leaving her all alone. Who would call either of them or an ambulance if she passed out? Salem? Her cat? Yeah right. She reached down, turning on her iPod in an effort to get her mind off of the drama and her shortness of breath. ABC's tune, "Poison Arrow" started pumping out of the car speakers.

Maybe she just needed to take her anti-depressants...of course! Her anti-depressants! That was why she couldn't breathe. It just had to be.

She hadn't had a chance to take them since yesterday and it wasn't a good idea to stop cold turkey. Michael had told her that before. Okay, so all she had to do was get home, take her Xanax and her Celexa and she would be fine again. Yeah, she was sure of it and yet, in the back of her mind, she wondered if that was the real problem for this shortness of breath. Michael and Andrew would probably beg to differ but what the hell did they know?

She rolled her eyes dramatically. They were doctors. They knew a shitload more than she did.

Slowing to a stop at a red light, she shut her eyes, struggling to take in a couple full breaths of air. "You'll be fine, Amy, you'll be fine. Just get home and you'll be fine. Forget about it." Bringing her hand up to her chest, she cringed at the painful ache that throbbed through her sternum. Okay, this wasn't good. "Stress, it's just stress. No, anxiety, yeah...anxiety." Opening her eyes at the honking behind her, she realized the light was green and drove on towards her apartment. Maybe she should drop her prescription off at the CVS Pharmacy before she got home.

Her iPod music suddenly faded out and started playing the tune of Keith Urban's song, "Everybody." She answered the phone, hitting the speaker button, "hey Zack."

"Hi Angel, Courtney told me you were in the hospital and I've been worried sick about you ever since

"Hi Angel, Courtney told me you were in the hospital and I've been worried sick about you ever since. How you feeling?"

Amy sighed deeply. "I'm fine. I just left actually so I'm going to drop off a prescription then head home to shower and get some rest."

"Really? That's great." Zack remarked happily. "I'm glad you're feeling better and that you got out. I was going to come and see you on my lunch break right now but now that I know you're heading home and you're okay, I guess I don't have to."

"Yeah. Is it busy there today?"

"At Amoeba? Always! It's a mad house today."

"I figured. Sundays at William Rast suck too." She nearly slammed on the breaks as she realized something. "Shit! William Rast! I totally forgot to call in sick today! They're going to kill me...if they don't fire me first."

"They won't fire you, only Justin Timberlake can fire you. He's the designer." They exchanged a laugh. "And if they do, you always have a job here at Amoeba. You should probably take care of that though as soon as you can."