Chapter 16: So Much For My Happy Ending

Amy tensed up as she saw the hospital coming up on her left. Turning abruptly in her seat, she sat gaping at Andrew from across the car. "What the fuck are you doing?"

Andrew rolled his eyes dramatically, giving her a sidelong glance. "Relax firecracker, I'm not taking you to the hospital. I'm driving you to my apartment, remember? It's just right down the block. You'll see."

She arched a skeptical brow at him but couldn't allow herself to relax let alone utter a reply...until they passed the hospital and he kept driving. "You live a block away from the hospital? Damn. What do you do? Walk to work everyday?"

He chuckled softly and shrugged. "I've thought about it, once or twice, but then I'd have to wake up an hour earlier to make it to work on time. No thanks, six a-m is early enough for me."

"Six a-m?" She asked incredulously. "Holy...shit!"

"Hey, I'm a doctor, remember? And as much as it sucks to wake up at the crack of dawn, it's all part of the job."

Amy shook her head in disbelief. "Damn, by the time I'm going to bed, you're waking up."

He gave her another sidelong glance, arching a questioning brow of his own

He gave her another sidelong glance, arching a questioning brow of his own. "You go to bed at six in the morning? If you're not a party girl, then what the hell are you doing all night?"

She laughed in amusement. "Watching TV, surfing the internet, chatting online, twittering, sometimes shopping. I'm addicted to Amazon."

This time it was Andrew who shook his head in disbelief. "Wow...and I thought I was bad."

Amy scoffed. "Whatever, Dr. Punk Rock."

They exchanged a laugh as he drove on, arriving outside a three floor apartment complex a couple minutes later, the sign out front on the law reading: "Otis Apartments." Amy nodded her head as he pulled his Camaro into the parking garage off to the side of the building. "So...you live in an apartment too, yet another thing we have in common."

He glanced over at her and flashed a smile. "Guilty." He pulled into his designated parking space a minute later, shut off the engine and took the keys out of the ignition. "Time for you to see where I live."

She giggled softly. "I can't wait." He turned to get out of the car but froze and looked back at her when she spoke again. "Just...one more thing."

"What?"

"You...don't live with a room mate, do you?"

A wry smile curled the corners of his lips. "Would that stop you from coming up if I did?"

She exhaled sharply. "Andrew...I'm serious."

He sighed softly. "No, I don't have a room mate." His smile slowly curled into a grin. "Why? Are you thinking of moving in?"

Feeling the heat rising up in her cheeks, she looked down at her lap with a sheepish smile. "I already have a place to live and my own room mate, remember?"