Chapter 3: Transfer & Heartbreak

A soft moan rose up in Amy's throat as she shifted her head against the pillow beneath her head. The sound of a steadily beeping heart monitor was the first thing that drew her attention, but it took a minute or two for the source of it to jog her memory.

"Amy?"

The sound of Michael's voice almost immediately had her eyes fluttering open. Turning her head to her left, she saw him seated at her bedside, staring down at her intently with those tender eyes of his, holding her hand in his own. She blinked a couple times, a soft smile crossing her face and then his. He was minus his lab coat and still in his blue scrubs, a black stethoscope draped over his shoulders, his hospital ID badge clipped to the breast pocket.

 He was minus his lab coat and still in his blue scrubs, a black stethoscope draped over his shoulders, his hospital ID badge clipped to the breast pocket

"Hey," he said softly.

"Hey."

"You made it."

"Yeah...I guess I did."

"I told you everything would be fine. How are you feeling?"

She sighed softly. "A little tired and it throbs a tiny bit but it doesn't hurt like hell anymore."

"That's normal," he replied, pressing two fingers to the inside of her wrist and staring down at his watch. "Your stomach's going to be sore for a few days as the healing process takes effect, but I'll send you home with some pain meds when we check you out. I'm glad you're feeling better."

She watched him for a few long seconds, smiling softly. "Thanks for healing me, Leo."

Michael let go of her wrist and looked up at her with a bright smile. "Of course, anytime honey."

"Can you orb me home now?"

He grabbed her chart from the end table beside the bed and chuckled softly. "Not just yet, Piper." Setting the chart on his knee, he winked at her before pulling a pen from his breast pocket and making a few notations.

"Fine, then I'll just call Paige."

He shook his head, keeping his gaze on her chart and laughing lightly. "Oh no, she's forbidden from orbing you anywhere. Well, at least until I decide you're well enough to go home."