Meeting the Family

So sorry for the late update. I have no excuse so I'll just let you read the chapter now. Enjoy~

Tyler and I have been dating for two months now, and tonight, he's taking me to meet his parents. They've heard a lot about me, according to Josh, who told me about the countless conversations Tyler's had with his mother and father about me. I'm not exactly sure what he told them, but I hope they like me in person. I'm so worried that they'll think I'm not good enough for him. That I won't be accepted. Tyler tells me not to worry, that they'll love me. I hope he's right.

Tyler's family aren't the only ones who are going to be meeting us, Josh's is coming as well. They're coming to meet Mila, who has been officially dating Josh for three weeks. Hopefully both of the families will like both of us.

We've really become close to each other, us four. In such a short amount of time, you wouldn't expect such a thing. We just kind of understand each other.

Josh and Mila are on their way to come pick us up and take us to the Dun's house, where we're meeting everyone. Ty was going to drive, but Josh insisted, since, in his words, Tyler always drives.

Tyler and I were sitting at the piano. He's been trying to teach me how to play. I picked up on it pretty quickly, learning all the notes and keys, and almost all the chords in just a week. Right now, he's trying to teach me a song he wrote, called Goner, I think.

"So, it's pretty much just five notes throughout the entire song. Near the end, there's some chords, but they shouldn't be a problem for you," he said, moving so I could get to the right part of the piano.

"Alright. So what are-" I was cut off by our door opening, Josh and Mila poking their heads in.

"Ready when you are," Josh said, walking into the room and sitting on the couch, Mila following. She looked as nervous as I was.

We are all dressed for the occasion; Tyler is wearing a long sleeve white dress shirt, with a black tie, black pants, and a black pair of dress shoes. Josh in almost the same thing, except his shirt is black and his tie is white. I'm wearing a loose, medium length, black dress, with black flats. Mila is wearing a long, black and white striped dress, with white two-inch heels.

"Let's go," Tyler stated, smiling at me before he got up and walked toward the door.

We stood at the doorway of the Dun's household as Tyler knocked on the door. There were several cars in the driveway, due to all the immediate family members here. We could hear the rumble of talking and laughter inside.

I'm more than nervous. Tyler noticed this, taking my hand. He squeezed it as if telling me everything's going to be okay. I calmed down a little.

The door opened.

"Hello!! Welcome! Come in, come in," a woman greeted. I smiled and walked in after everyone else.

Everyone gathered around us, hugging us all and introducing themselves to Mila and I.

"You must be Mila! Oh, I've heard so much about you! I'm Josh's mom, but you can call me Momma Dun! Welcome to the family sweetheart," She said. She walked over to me, smiling.

"That goes for you, too, dear," she informed me, hugging me.

Next was Tyler's mom and dad.

They both hugged and introduced themselves to me.

"I'm Kelly, this is Chris, my husband. You might as well call us Mom and Dad, if you're comfortable with that. Oh, it's so very nice to meet you!" Tyler's mom explained. I nodded.

"It's great to meet you too!" I looked over to Tyler with a smile. He noticed and smiled back at me, mouthing the words: 'I told you so.'

After Mila and I met the sisters, brothers, and grandparents, Momma Dun called for dinner, and everyone rushed to the table.

They were all so kind, so welcoming.

I finally feel like I have a family.