The Hospital

How did I get to the hospital?

The question rang in my head as I slowly opened my eyes. From what I could make out, there was a person sitting in a chair not to far from me. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see a lady, a nurse, bending down near my face. She was trying to tell me something, but I couldn't hear her. The person in the chair stood up, running next to the bed I was laying in. My vision was a bit more clear now. The nurse had her hand on my shoulder, and the person who was in the chair, a man, had his hand in mine, gripping it tightly. I could make out his features; blonde hair, green eyes, scruff facial hair. It was Lee.

"-hear me? Miss (y/n), can you hear me?" A faint voice filled my ears, the nurse's.

"(Y/n), (y/n) come on, get up! (Y/n) please!" Lee called. He sounded like he was crying. Another question came to mind as I remembered what I had done.

How am I alive?

"H-huh?" Was all I could manage to say, my eyes now fully open, and all of my senses coming back. I sat up. Big mistake.

"AHH!" I screamed in pain, falling back down on the cushioned surface.

"No no, keep laying down, sweetheart. You're not fully recovered yet. You should be okay and free to go in a few weeks, but for now you need to keep resting. I'll be back in a few minutes," the nurse spoke kindly, leaving the room.

"I-I thought you'd never wake up from that coma," Lee said, sounding relieved. He let go of my hand. "It's been three months. Three! We were about to give up, but you started breathing..."

"Three? Months? Coma? What?" I asked frantically. I was in a coma? For three months?

"ALEX! I gotta call Alex!" Lee said, almost yelling. He left the room, leaving me with many unanswered questions. What day is it? What time is it? How did I survive? Who brought me here?

I tried to recall everything that happened. Getting on the ledge, speaking, falling, hitting the ground. I fell back first. How am I still here?

The nurse came back in the room with a clipboard and a bottle of water. She handed me the water and sat down.

"Miss, um, what's your name?" I asked shyly.

"Just call me Mila. What do you need?" She replied.

"Um.. Mila... what are my injuries?"

"Well, you hit your head pretty bad for starters, causing a severe concussion, which is healed now. You broke your right leg, and four of your ribs. Your spine was cracked, and I'm surprised you're not paralyzed. You got lucky, Miss (y/n), whether you believe it or not. I know you jumped off that building. It's on security footage."

I wanted to cry, everything in me wanted to. But I just didn't have the strength. I stared blankly at the floor.

Alex and Lee burst through the door, running over to my hospital bed.

"(Y/N)! OH MY GOD YOU'RE OKAY! I THOUGHT- OH IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT I THOUGHT! YOU'RE ALIVE!" Alex screamed, hugging me tightly.

"Ow ow ow yes hi I'm alright please let go," I pleaded. She apologized and pulled away quickly. She was crying, telling me what I missed over the past three months. Apparently, her and Lee got engaged. Good for them. I'd be more excited, but I'm in too much pain for the whole 'jumping around while screaming for two hours' thing.

"Alex, that's great. Congrats you guys," I said with a weak smile. They both thanked me. Unfortunately, they had to leave. It was past visiting hours.

Ten minutes passed. I had only one thing on my mind.

"I have one question," I stated, looking to Mila.

"What is it, hun?"

"Who brought me here?"

"He didn't give his name. He did, however, leave his number so we could call him if anything happened. Would you like me to call him now?"

"Yes."

"Okay. I'll let you get some rest then. Just hit thay button if you need anything."

And with that, she was gone.