Questions

I walked into my room and sat down at my desk. I sighed. My phone was gone, but I still had a laptop. My wallet was right beside my desk lamp. I checked to see how much money I had. $79 total. My door creaked open.

Tyler was standing there, waiting for permission to come in. I granted it, getting another fold up chair from my closet so he could sit.

"There's a song that's been stuck in my head for a while, could you tell me what it is?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Sing it for me," he suggested, sitting down. I nodded and proceeded to do so, closing my eyes to remember the words better.

"You will never know, what's under my skull, so won't you say goodnight, so I can say goodbye?" I stopped singing and looked at Tyler.

"That's all I can remember. Do you know it?" He frowned and shook his head. I shrugged.

"Hey there's a ice cream shop just around the corner, wanna go?" Tyler smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, of course. Do you want me to drive or-"

"We can walk. You have legs, right?" I asked sarcastically. He just laughed and stood up.

We walked in silence for the most part, the only sounds being the hum of electricity and Tyler himself humming a tune. Once we got to the shop, we ordered and sat down.

"(Y/n), can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Do you like living in that house? No offense, but it's kind of, well, messy." I thought for a moment. I mean sure, living with your best friend is fun, for a while. But for five years? Maybe I should consider getting my own place.

"I do, but I don't. Not because it's messy, I mean, I'm a clean freak, but that's their mess, not mine. I don't like it because living with people I've grown further away from gets kind of awkward. Alex and Lee we're my best friends, but I'm starting to think that's because they were the only friends I had," I explained. Tyler only nodded.

"Order number 16!" The cashier called. That's us. I got up and brought our hot fudge sunday's to the table.

"Can I ask you something, Ty?" I questioned, starting to eat my freshly made ice cream.

"Go ahead."

"Can I.. can I go back to Ohio with you when you leave?"